Amazing little program

a1ehouse

Chamone M*tha Fu*ka
Check this out...

http://www.dqsd.net/

Amazing little program that sits on your taskbar. It takes a little getting used to but you can do loads of things with it.

Looks kinda cool, I might have to check that one out :)

I've heard alot of good about that little beuty.

I cant's afford the space on my taskbar, but it looks pretty cute

If you rightclick your taskbar, go to toolbars and put a checkmark next to Address and have search from address bar enabled in Internet Options that is pretty much the same without installing an extra program. Are there additional functions apart from the clock, which could be a handy space saver indeed.

Man it's jam packed full of functions. It's written in HTML/JS so uses little/no resources.

Right click you've got a calander which can be set up so it uses outlook/other online calenders you have.

it uses keywords so you can use different search engines (literally hundreds!!!) you can even add your own using the search wizard !!

From the help file:
This deskbar lets you launch searches from the Windows Explorer Taskbar. For the latest version and installation instructions, visit the DQSD Home Page or check the FAQ.

If you're feeling lucky, go directly to Google's first hit using an exclamation point: "Crest toothpaste!"
Look up phone numbers and email by using # and @, respectively: "Piper Smith (Ithaca, NY)#", "Bob Jones@"
Load a web page by typing in the URL: "www.microsoft.com".
Translate between English and other languages (en, zh, fr, de, it, ja, ko, pt, es): "some words en-es". Or translate entire web pages: "www.apple.com en-fr"
Convert between currencies: "100 usd>gbp"
Mathematical expressions: "4*(pi-3)", "pow(1.06,30)"
Navigate previous searches with ctrl-P and ctrl-N or the Up/Down arrows.. Type "!prefix" to see only matching entries.
A clock appears after when idle. Right-click for a calendar.
Switches can be abbreviated: "at ram /S" is "at ram /subject".
Following are more query codes grouped by category. To disable a search uncheck the checkbox next to the search name.

I was amazed when I saw this. At first I thought it was just like the address bar, but on using it's so much more!!

OK, installed it. Seems you are right. :D Looks as if I will like this program, tons of functions and something to play with.

except it crowds my taskbar

there's nothing in here I need enough to take my space, but it is a very cute little ditty

With some simple modification you can alter the size of the taskbar, whether or not the time appears, what calender gets used, and a slew of other features.. verict = 5 starts; great app nice find ;)

SpiRiT

Yup - just modify the localprefs.js, localsearch.css, localaliases.txt and \Quick Search Deskbar\searches to your tastes!! "After you've saved your changes, enter "!" in the deskbar to reload."

I'm loving my new toy! Plus it's free!!!

Dealer - you don't have to have it on your deskbar, simply drag it off to where you want it - (top or even floating) ontop or autohide etc. just like a normal toolbar - completely standalone if you wish!

this in already in Windows XP bythe way.. right click taskbar, goto TOOL BARS, add in "ADDRESS".. unlock taskbar if need be, and stretch it out..

ta... da..

ps: you can also have it show its title if you want. (saves space if you have NO title.

all you task bar freaks, it only takes up an inch of screen, its very quick and effective....

Originally posted by dubstar
this in already in Windows XP bythe way.. right click taskbar, goto TOOL BARS, add in "ADDRESS".. unlock taskbar if need be, and stretch it out..

ta... da..

ps: you can also have it show its title if you want. (saves space if you have NO title.

all you task bar freaks, it only takes up an inch of screen, its very quick and effective....
This proggie sh*ts on the "Add Address" -
can u run appz/do calculations/convert currency/generate passwords/generate lotto numbers etc. etc. etc.

No!! Install it and discover the depth of this simple yet effective proggie! You'll be amazed and you won't go back to the address bar! I guarantee!

Hey that is neat, I like it plus I don't have to hold my mouse over the clock to get the date!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back