Am i using Dual Channel?

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
I recently built a computer and didnt really think about Dual Channel Memory mode when setting it up... i checked the diagram and i've confused myself with it.

my memory is installed in DIMM_A1 and DIMM_A2

am i running in dual channel or not? (diagram is attached..)

thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 148
I have recently been wondering that as well.

I have 8GB of RAM installed, never did any settings, assumed it was automatic.

That is interesting that you bring this up. I assumed it was auto as well. I know when i made the move to Dual Channel, my Vista performance score for memory dropped by a bit. I found that some motherboards have a memory/FSB ratoio setting. If your FSB runs 533MHz, then set the ratio 3:4 to boost your RAM MHz. If it is 400MHz FSB, set it 1:1 so each channel of RAM will run at 400MHz, equalling 800MHz. The dual channel as far as i can conclude from my research is all auto, as each stick is handled independantly, giving access to each simotaneously.

For dual channel you should use A1, B1

If you have all 4 bays filled you will be using dual channel.

yeah ^^

u can check if its working with cpu-z

yeah ^^

u can check if its working with cpu-z

i agree to d/l the free program cpu-z. i have 8gb of memory also and when you open it..go to the "memory" tab and look for "dual." i have a 1066fsb(qx6700 quad) and have my memory running at 333mhz. are you saying my memory would be better at 266mhz timings instead?

Yea I will have to look with that app, cause I have quad cores, and 1066 ram, and this and that and it's confusing. I will see what I can figure out.

Thanks for the posts. i thought i was running in single mode and cpu-z confirmed this.

I will switch it over later to see if there is any performance increase.

what are the advantages?

128bit wide data requests - you double your data access speed which can result in significant performance gains in data hungry situations such as gaming or video production and data compression.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back