AM I over kill? W/Geil RAM PC4000 1G

simon109s

OSNN Junior Addict
Recenly I bought a Geil RAM kit set;PC4000 1G(512m x 2) to upgrade my old RAM Twinmos. Thought that it's easy job to do but it's not. In fact, they gave me hell lot of problem. :mad:

When I upgrade to 1G, I planed to sync the fbs(both on 200Mhz) of the cpu & ram. I didn't aware that changing the fbs & will corrupt the os. :confused:

After my os crashed, I installed my win2k again. Little realize that the sync fbs will affect the os setup. It'll prompted the error message that hardwares didn't installed properly or "ntlrd is missing".

It's strange that Geil RAM set itself CAS 2 7-4-4, even I cleared CMOS to default. I set both fbs @ 200mhz but the RAM latency couldn't get it right after many attempted. :(

Need advise....

Here is my pc spec;
CPU: AMD 2200, TB
multiplier: x11
FBS: 200
Bios: uber version
Core V : 1.7

ASUS mthbrd: A7N8X-DLX Rev.1.xx

Memory : Geil PC4000 1G (512 x 2) Ultra version(old ram is 512mx1 Twinmos)
FBS: 200Mhz
Latency = 2:4:4:7(strange setting but it's default by the bios)

HDD: seagate ATA 100 80G

G.graphic card: leadtek A280 TDH LE, Ti4200

1) have you tested the ram with memtest86 to make sure it's good?
2) what's the "uber" version of the bios?

Hi dreamliner77,

I don think I can run the memtest86 cause my windows is corrupted. :( Can it runs on DOS mode? :confused: I'm using uber ver.1007 now. I'm not sure if there is any new uber ver.?

I have ran a simple test to see if the ram is ok. I started my os by just install 1 ram on it. The 2 Geil ran no problem. I believe may be it's my setting not in the correct way althought I have the latest uber bios. I have tried these 2 days on different setting but no luck. :mad:

i use geil ultra ddr400 on asus a78nx delux board (rev2.**)
, real nice memory and no probs at all:)

hi kc,

It's nice to hear your Geil rams work well. I still have to trial & error to workout my rams.

I ran them w/memtest & they pass. I didn't leave it over nite but i think the Geil is ok.

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late posting due to i busy reinstalled my os. :p Alright, this time I set my pc runs on 166/333(Not sure if 333 is correct.) and my pc runs on 2400, DDR timing 166.

Here is my setting;

cpu fbs= 166
multiplier= 12.5 x
system performance= Aggr.
*cpu interface= Aggr.
*memory freq.= 100% (166 fbs)
*memory timing= Aggr.
*CAS= 2 6-3-3
Vcore= 1.675
DDR v= 2.8v
* tied to the system unless system performance set to 'user defined'.

I have tried to run 200 but my os failed to initialize after splashed windows. Not sure y. I have increased the Vcore & DDR V but not goal. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back