Am I Just Paranoid...or is someone out to get me?

D

dejav00

Ok, today I have received the following emails:

Hotmail Account # 1:

Subject: ACCESSKEY
Attachment: cla.pif

Subject: Telephone Number
Attachement: oncli.exe

Subject: Contact the
Attachment: hr.pif

Hotmail Account # 2:

Subject: Telephone Number
Attachment: oncli.scr

Subject: ACCESSKEY
Attachemtn: EU.bat

Ok, now am I paranoid, or is someone out to get me?

I searched all these file names on McAffee and no matches...

5 Malicious emails in one day...jeez.

Is anyone having the same thing?

Or did I just get one someone's $#17 L1$7

No strange email for me just the usual spam.

Someone's probably not out to get you, but just one of your absent-minded friends opened one of them, and because most viruses mail a copy to everyone in the user's address book, you were probably in that unlucky *******'s address book. Just delete and dont run them, and you should be fine.

JJB6486

hehe JJB, that's what I was thinking, but most of my friends don't know both addy's...

Just seeing if anyone else got them, maybe hotmail mailing list or something, anyway, thanks for the replies ppl.

I get several viruses each day to each ofmy accounts, just gotta be careful these days.

EP, sounds like they really are out to get you:D

Or do you just have more idiots for friends than the average person does?;)

Could possibly be the Klez virus. It can have all the different extensions you posted and also will spoof the reply address of the email.

Seriously though, I know how to deal with this stuff, but I'm wondering if anyone else is getting the same?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back