am i an idiot?

fimchick

OSNN Senior Addict
Someone please explain this to me, because I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here...

want to run explorer.exe as admin.

runas /user:admin_myname@mydomain.com explorer.exe

DOS window opens, asks for password, then disappears and nothing happens. what am i missing?!?!

Can you shift right click on .exe and see if it does indeed let you run as?

Well, that's an option, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something here with the command line switches...?

Shouldn't it be

runas /user:admin_myname@mydomain.com "explorer.exe"

or along those lines?

I know the quotes are important as I use the runas command alot to remote install printers to users machines.

XP machine? If so, have you tried the Run As... option from the Explorer.exe icon? The format is Domain\User Name and password.

Another thought is are you trying to run explorer on a remotely targeted machine or a machine your physically visiting?

I'm trying to run it on a local machine, but maybe it was just me leaving off the quotes :) D'oh!

Dublex, how do you install printers remotely on machines?

muzikool said:
XP machine? If so, have you tried the Run As... option from the Explorer.exe icon? The format is Domain\User Name and password.

Yeah XP machine. In 2003 you don't have to do domain/user you can do user@domain :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back