Althon 1800 actual speed?

J

JohnnyGreb

I recently acquired an AMD Athlon MP 1800. For $15 I figured it didn't matter if it worked or not.
I popped in into my computer (previously AMD Athlon 1 Ghz) and did a few tests. It appears to work fine, however I was curious as to the actual speed it should be. I was under the impression it should be around 1.6 Ghz, however, in my system it reports 1.48 Ghz. While it's still a noticable improvement I was just wondering what I could get out of it without getting too fancy on special cooling. (See sig for complet stats.)

And info or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

-JG

Athlon xp1800 should have a true clock speed of 1.53ghz

yeah, both athlon xp and mp 1800+'s have a clock speed of 1.533ghz. yours is closer to a 1700, which is 1.467ghz.

maybe your fsb is underclocked a little? :confused:

I concur with taurus...

my cpu is 1.6 ghz rated... the 1800+ should be 1.53 (or 133fsb x 11.5 multiplier)... the 1700+ should be around 1.47 (133fsb x 12 cluck multiplier)...

check your front side bus setting in the bios... it should be 133mhz (which translates to 266mhz fsb DDR i.e 133x2)... might just need a tweak... or you were shipped the wrong cpu :)

Thanks. I'll check it out once I get home.
I'm going from what's printed on the chip itself (MP1800) so I think I got what it states, but as far as the bios settings, I'm thinking they may be a little off. I'll reply once I take a look again.

Thanks again.

-JG

Posted by JohnnyGreb
Thanks. I'll check it out once I get home.
I'm going from what's printed on the chip itself (MP1800) so I think I got what it states, but as far as the bios settings, I'm thinking they may be a little off. I'll reply once I take a look again.

Thanks again.

-JG

well here is a question for you... did you buy the athlon XP or the athlon MP version of the 1800 ?

coz the MP is designed to work in boards that have multiprocessor support... ie 2 of them work together on the same board...

could it be that you have bought an athlon MP and are using it in a mobo not designed for MP support?

check it out m8... that might be a reason for the underclock...

can't be bothered right now (its midnight here) to check specs for the athlon MP...

just check it up m8...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back