Alternative to ICS - Please help!

G

Gamester

Hey,
I have 2 computers networked together I want to share the internet between them.
I have been using ICS for a long time with no probs. But I have been become unhealthly addicted to a game called anarchy online, along with my brother. The game makers have reported that ICS doesn't work correctly with the game. This means usually one of us can't manage to log on.

Anyway, I am looking for an alternative, because apparently all other internet sharing programs work fine with the game.

I have tried sygate, winproxy and various others but I just can't figure them out.

If someone could post a short explination on how to get one of these programs (or a diff prog) to work it would be great!

Both comps are running Windows XP and all that really needs to be shared is printing, internet and being able to play the game!

Thanks in advance,
Gamester

If your using dsl or cable, get yourself a cable/dsl router, Linksys makes a good one and so does netgear.

If your using dialup, your pretty much screwed. :(

You're not screwed, there are alternatives. I would recommend Winroute but it didn't work in XP last time I checked. :( But there are other router softwares that do. Try searching through www.tucows.com or www.download.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back