Alternative to Google?

Anybody know a GOOD search engine other than Google? Its getting pretty useless now becaue no matter what i search for it just links you to some price comparison page or shops.

And anyone tried looking for a review of something - sheesh...

Anyhoo - any ideas?

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Sponsored links are at the top. Search for "Item name review" and you'll find what you're after.

All other search engines either feed off Yahoo! / MSN / Google or are just useless.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
o_87 said:
Though now Yahoo is going to ditch Google's technology in favor of their own.
Wasn't that supposed to happen a loooooooooong time ago? Or are they just taking their time about it?

No thats still going ahead - i *think* i saw an article about that the other day in theInquirer.

Thanks for all the alternative suggestions as well, i realise that the sponsored links are at the top, but it sucks because unless i want to buy something then its useless.

For example, i was looking for some new drivers for my Joytech/play.com, PS2 USB controller adapter, and the stuff that it was bringing up was just wrong so im moving on. It more than just that one thing, just a growing feeling of dissatisfaction with Google and the amount of Sponsored links they have these days (no i dont want to price compare a joypad thank you very much). The should be kept to the side on the right and not included in the main search.

Thanks guys.

BTW - First impressions www.alltheweb.com looks pretty good AND it defaults to searches in the English language only as well - ta thebear

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda99