Alternative resolutions for Geforce card

T

TomServo

Is anyone aware of hacked drivers or utility that will allow one to set their resolution to setting other than the standard ones. I am wanting to set the resolution on my screen between 1280X1024 and 1600X1200. The next step between seems to be 1400X1050 (a lot of high end laptops have this setting). 1600X1200 is just a bit small for text but I like a bit more screen area than 1280X1024. Any ideas or am I just missing a setting that is already available?

It's not your drivers that are limiting you

its your monitor

to get a higher res you'll need to invest in a better monitor.

Well, a monitor that can handle 1600X1200 should also be able to adjust to lower resolutions without an issue. I used to be able to do this with the wicked 3d drivers I used to have with a previous 3dfx card. It would allow you to set pretty much any resolution you wanted in whatever increments you desired. As long as you didn't exceed the refresh rate ability of the monitor you were fine. So anyway, this new Viewsonic A95F should be able to handle a resolution of 1400X1050 without a hitch, but there is simply no provision for this in the current Nvidia drivers. I have used Nvidia detonators in the past that when installed, gave several intermediate resolutions that one could pick but these were "leaked" ones and not official.

Catch-

I did try that but still the same. All modes are the standard ones. Its' not that big a deal I suppose. I did discover that my monitor is having a focus problem so viewsonic is replacing it. Perhaps when it I get a working one :) I can just run at 1600X 1200 and not worry about it.
Thanks for the help guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back