Alternate PDC Slate Login Screen

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Something you folks have to take a look at. I have never used the Windows XP Welcome Screen until now. Always had the classic 2k style logon enabled...until I saw this login screen:

It's a modified version of the Longhorn Slate screen, and it just looks so sec-seh, yet professional. Loving it so far.

Check it out here
Screenshot included on that page.

i've always prefered the welcome screen if there only say 4 people that use the computer :D

Hellooooooo! Anyone in there? Maybe because it's a Longhorn slate theme'd login...

Well the real one has a black background and the Windows logo above the panel

Well this one doesn't.... maybe.... just maybe.... because it's not the real one :eek: shocking I know, but also true.

Looks nice. Wish I could use it! I can't use it because I'm on a domain :(

boooooo, yank the network cable, no one will mind :p

Originally posted by ViperSnake
Well the real one has a black background and the Windows logo above the panel

The real one's just ugly. This one looks so much better with the drop shadow.

Hmm...unfortunately, it's kinda buggy. :(
Didn't notice it at first, but the when you shutdown/restart etc. you just get a blank logout screen without any text.

Guess I'm back to the 2k style until a fixed release.

Bummer! Was going to give it a shot on the home pc. Thanks for the warning, i'll wait!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back