Altering the area defeined as the "desktop"

M

meglamaniac

Ok.
Here is screenshot of how I work.
I want to be able to redefine the "desktop" area to exclude the bit at the top of the screen where the fancy stuff is going on - so that when I maximise windows they wont cover it, and icons on the desktop will stay below it, etc etc.
I know this can be done somehow, since toolbars do it (and not just microsoft ones).
Does anyone know how? I can't find anything helpful on google.

Btw, in case anyone was wondering, the "fancy stuff" is the Tripex winamp plugin, and yes I know its horrible pop stuff playing but its 1:20am and I need something light.

:)

did notice that u had open a bunch of IRC chat rooms, but none of them was ours why ???????

efnet #xperience

l8

cool.gif

Heh - thats because that's the IRC network for the online game I help out with (hence why I'm opped in the forum channel).

I'll come on and bug you then.

Anyone else who knows carry on posting in case my forray onto efnet fails...

:)

just a thought, but u said urself some toolbars do this.. so y don't just use one and then use an app like (stardock's) windows fx to make the toolbar 100% transperant? i think it can work... the idea does sound kinda stupid :rolleyes: but it's something

iv'e seen in the Xteq Xsetup, an option to define desktop height / width nothing to do with resolution, although i havent dared to move those values...
just in idea..

there is some key in the regisrty for it.. if you don't wanna mess with the reg just use windows fx to adjust the height and width of maximized windows..

the new windowFX allows u to do just that and much more

Originally posted by MeFo
iv'e seen in the Xteq Xsetup, an option to define desktop height / width nothing to do with resolution, although i havent dared to move those values...
just in idea..
I have Xteq Xsetup installed and saw no option. Maybe I overlooked it, but I the only options I saw were relating to wallpaper, and window sizes. Adjusting the max window size values, will still cause the window to be placed over an area that you do not want covered. :( Would be a nice tweak if someone knew exactly how to define a working deaktop area.

Pulp, cool little program, but it doesn't keep windows from appearing within the area you specify. It only regulates the maximized dimensions of windows. If that makes sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back