Alterative to Real one?

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Hello Everyone,

Me and My sister are in a little bit of a argument, she want's Real One installed on the main PC so that she can watch all the streaming video's on the internet, but I refuse to let her (went as far as installing foolproof trail) so is there a non-spyware alernative to real one or realplayer?

-lieb39

there is an alternative, but if you want to watch streamed video's you have to have real one installed ..

Can't you just disable the feedback settings in Real/One Player?

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
You can get Real Alternative from Freecodecs.com. It works for streaming video as well.

It does ?? when did they implement that ?? I just looked at the page and it said that quicktime will do it, but I did'nt see any of the sort for real ..

I use 1.04, and it works at NFL.com :D Prolly other sites too. Replays!!

Thanx for the info Handybudy . I'm going to try it ..

So how do I use these codecs? Just install it and than WMP can play them?

-lieb39

i use both Quicktime Alternative and Real Alternative, i prefer them much more than the Quicktime Player and Real Player because they dont have all the junk that comes with them. Just a little Media Player Classic :p.. Theyre great programs! :D

the codecs come with Media Player Classic which i think you have to use unless you can use the codecs with WMP :confused: It should come with the package anways. I use the Media Player Classic for them because it came with them :D

I download using Streambox or Net Transport then use Real Alternative to play.

Thanks, I'll let you mates know if I'm having any problems.

-lieb39

O.k I installed it and went to NFL.com - when I click on the links to view the video I get a page saying I have to have real one player installed ..

Edit: It works - Kinda sluggish, but it does work :)

Originally posted by Alex_is_Axel
the codecs come with Media Player Classic which i think you have to use unless you can use the codecs with WMP :confused: It should come with the package anways. I use the Media Player Classic for them because it came with them :D

It does come with the codecs - but to view streaming video you still have to use WMP...

i use jetaudio, it installs the official real codecs, so u can play streaming content, but none of the 'bloat'

Originally posted by Daedalus
i use jetaudio, it installs the official real codecs, so u can play streaming content, but none of the 'bloat'

/me downloads

Originally posted by Daedalus

Do you know how to get it to play streaming content?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back