Alt-tab??? Wtf?

K

KennyX

Just noticed this when I reinstalled WinXP after formatiing my HDD... (wasnt like this when I had winxp last time).

Whenever I press ALT-TAB to switch between windows, a medium sized box appears showing the different open widow icons, and then to the left a screen preview...
Neat I guess, but it really is slowing things down waiting for the preview of the screen to show up... How do I disable this?

PS... I noticed anothing thing... I have a 3 button mouse, where I use the middle button to scroll up and down. Doing this now, I noticed that it goes really slowly now. Any ideas what to turn off? Im pretty sure it's one of the animation effects.

but it really is slowing things down waiting for the preview of the screen to show up

hmmm its instant on my PC .... i think you disable it using TweakUI from the powertoys

Whats your machine specs ?

as what you say is really fast on my machine and its nothing special

if you want to disable it go to start>run type msconfig and hit enter. Then click the startup tab and uncheck "taskswitch". Hit ok and restart

Originally posted by zman

hmmm its instant on my PC .... i think you disable it using TweakUI from the powertoys

Whats your machine specs ?

as what you say is really fast on my machine and its nothing special

Im running a Duron850, w/256megs ram DDR, voodoo3, etc...
But yea, it's slow while creating a (miniature) picture of the preview of the other screens...

Anyways, it's disabled now.

You can uninstall it.

Add/remove Programs -> Powertoys -> change/remove -> change installation or something -> then remove the Alt-tab option...

yea, thx guys for all the responses.
got everything fixed up now.:p

AmarSingh - thank you! This thread came up on a google search, and your suggestion was the fix for me - you made my day, thanks!

Originally posted by tonyfzac
AmarSingh - thank you! This thread came up on a google search, and your suggestion was the fix for me - you made my day, thanks!
not a problem....usually im wrong, but its good to see that i was helpful for once:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back