Alt-Tab, pretty cool.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
Who here has used this before?

Are you ever in a spot where you have a full screen and can not get to the taskbar? Or you need to use one hand to go to a window that is minimized to the taskbar and get to the mouse? Well use ALT-Tab.

What this will do is let you choose a window that is in your taskbar the easy way.

All you do is push and hold down alt, then tap tab. It will allow you to choose your window, or program. To select the window or program just release alt and it will automatically go to it.

Vista has enhanced this with there document flip tool, I have found that just doing it on the keyboard is much easier.

Try it once and see what happens :)

trukkmann

OSNN Addict
I do this in games if I need to switch back to the desktop quickly, under XP. Nice feature, I was really happy when I 'discovered' it (never had anyone tell me about it). :smoker:

usually the windows key will also bring you back to the taskbar from fullscreen by expanding the start button

Steevo

Spammer representing.
Political Access
TaskSwitch XP Pro is a better item to use, it replaces the windows default.

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political Access
Who here has used this before?

Are you ever in a spot where you have a full screen and can not get to the taskbar? Or you need to use one hand to go to a window that is minimized to the taskbar and get to the mouse? Well use ALT-Tab.

What this will do is let you choose a window that is in your taskbar the easy way.

All you do is push and hold down alt, then tap tab. It will allow you to choose your window, or program. To select the window or program just release alt and it will automatically go to it.

Vista has enhanced this with there document flip tool, I have found that just doing it on the keyboard is much easier.

Try it once and see what happens :)
I just tried it, I never knew you could do that. You learn something new everyday, Ta Johnny :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomCritic