ALT+S shortcut in frontpage

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
On the forums, you can use the ALT+S shortcut to submit a message, can this be implemented in the frontpage as well? I am quite used to this shortcut. Thanks :D

No, because you have to move your arm from the keyboard to your mouse, move it over to the button and click it. I am used to ALT+S, so it's annoying when it's not working :p

I don't need to move my arm from the keyboard, I type with my right fingers and click with my left index finger.

Just don't understand why you have to hit ALT+S!

Because the little voices in my head tell me to :p I type with both sets of fingers, so when I am done typing I have to move my right arm 5 inches to the mouse, grab it, move it into position and move my indexfinger down to click.

Dam, you hear those voices also? Me I ignore them and tell em to buzz off :p

It's not only the voices in my head, it's also my invisible friends that tell me what to do :(

accesskey=

<a href="whatever" accesskey="s">
<input type="submit" accesskey="s">

:)

Or in this case (Ekko theme):
<input type="image" src="themes/ekko/submit.gif" accesskey="s">

Cool, I just found out while making a test form to test this out that if you click on an image loaded with <input type="image">, you get the X and Y coords of where you clicked. This is what I always wanted, cool :D

Done, but I am sure you mean't

<input type="image" src="themes/ekko/submit.gif" accesskey="s" />

;)

Let me know how it works out.

Doesn't work, there's already an accesskey on the "Standard mode" option. If that was changed to a different letter, it should work ok.

I think I will remove that option from the comments box, its prob. not used anyway.

Yeah, when posting a comment there's an option for standard or enhanced.

Basically when clicking bold, link, italic etc, one gives the input box, the other dumps an open tag into the text area.

I see you added it already ("s" accesskey on the submit button). Thanks for that :)

Yeah, I need to remove it from somewhere else, so this "case" is still open!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back