Alt Control Delete

N

Not Bman

Opens up a screen, can log off task manager etc etc....

i dont want that, i just want the task manager....how do i do that?

you gotta go into the control panel, users, and set tick the box to use the welcome screen

you gotta go into the control panel, users, and set tick the box to use the welcome screen
That is how you do it in XP but not Vista. I think you mean to just have the window there with your name and options you can choose. If so I have not found a way to do that yet if it is even possible.

run > control userpasswords2

That has an option for Ctrl+Alt+Delete but it does not do what I think you want to do.

I'm not sure if that's even possible with Vista, since you can't disable the Welcome Screen anymore.
Just use Ctrl+Shift+Esc if you want to bring up Task Manager directly.

I'm not sure if that's even possible with Vista, since you can't disable the Welcome Screen anymore.
Just use Ctrl+Shift+Esc if you want to bring up Task Manager directly.

Great short cut..thanks!

Right click taskbar and select Task Manager.

ctrl-alt-delete never brought up task manager.. even in win2000/xp it would bring up a box to lock the computer/restart/task manager,etc..

ctrl-shift-esc has always been the shortcut for taskmanager (in win2k/xp world as well).

ctrl-alt-delete never brought up task manager.. even in win2000/xp it would bring up a box to lock the computer/restart/task manager,etc..
True, unless you're using fast user switching with the welcome screen, it then brings up the task manager :)

True, unless you're using fast user switching with the welcome screen, it then brings up the task manager :)

details.. details.. ;)

I always hated the fast user switching and never used it on XP..

2 ways of doing it now, guess I'll have to get used to it.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back