Also questions about a new card

zino

OSNN Junior Addict
Hello everyone,

was just wondering what your recomendations would be for a new video card. I am an avid gamer, but i also hate spending $400 on a new card, that will be come obsolete in about a year.

My budget at the moment is around $200, give or take a few, and so far, ive been looking only at nvidia cards (i however do not care what brand i get, as long as its better and faster than what i have and the price is right )

So, the nvidia cards ive been looking at so far, have been the FX 5700 series, and they dont look to bad. Also, another card that seems decent and a good price is the fx5900 SE, which i am sure its the cheap version. Link here http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=120573&sku=P56-2719

Here is another possibility for a few extra bucs, and its not the SE http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=617440&sku=P56-2718

So, what do you folks think? :)

Thanks for all info in advance.

wait

today is the launch date for nvidia's new lineup...

top of the line == $399... vanilla == $299 per nv specs...

wait and see how they measure up to today's cards and what the movement of prices will be when the products hit the shelves (probably not gonna happen today but you will have an idea when it will... )

Yeah, the FX cards are gonna plummet in price, especially if the top NVIDIA card is only $400 (rumoured)

If only that mean't they were between £200 - £250 here in the UK.
I highly doubt that tho!

I did pay £350 for my 9800 Pro 128mb tho... :D

see, what would i do without you fellas...

Here i was ready to spend some money on an FX card like today, and instead, now i know i should wait a few weeks, and see what the new lineup is, and how much it cost, etc..

Cheers!:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back