deleted

Yes there is a way to have search all files and folders. I think the easiest way is do a search that u know based on other searchs that will not get u any results then I think it will offer some options like searching all files and folders.

When you do a search put a check mark in "Advanced Options" and then also check "Search System Folders", "Search Hidden Files & Folders" and "Search Subfolders".

Unfortunately, you need to do this everytime you search.

Here's a link to the full info on how to get the Search function back to basic:-
ClickMeQuickly

Or if thats going to far just copy and paste the info between the lines into Notepad and save it onto your Desktop as ExtraSearch.reg then just double-click it.

-----------Begin Copy and Paste-------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
"CaseSensitive"=dword:00000000
"IncludeSubFolders"=dword:00000001
"SearchHidden"=dword:00000001
"SearchSlowFiles"=dword:00000000
"SearchSystemDirs"=dword:00000001
-----------End Copy and Paste----------------------

P.S.
The words enclosed within the little square brackets should be on one line.

Originally posted by Kevin Ar18
Dont' suppose there's a way to make that option stay on by default?

my choices stay checked in the advanced searches...all I have to do, is hit advanced, and everything else is remembered...I thought this was default behavior for the search

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back