Allergic to metal

X-Istence

Political Access
I am allergic to certain types of metal. The only metal I have found that I can wear on my body without any problems is stainless steel. So my Ring thing so far is the only ring I can wear without have my skin turn all red and start bleeding/flaking. Other items that cause problems include: belt buckles, necklaces, and watches. When I go commando, I have to make sure that the button on my jeans is covered with a piece of cloth otherwise at the end of the day I will have a circle imprinted on my skin, from where the skin got irritated from the metal.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone else have any weird allergies they would like to throw out there? So far I am the only one in my group of friends who is allergic to metal, which really sucks as there are so many cool things for geeks to wear. For example, I can't wear my "uber geek" geek tag. Which I bought before I knew I was allergic to metal, (I actually found out by wearing that geek tag around my neck, it turned bright red and my dad told me I was probably allergic to metal.)

I'm allergic to the cheap metal used to make jewellery and can't wear anything that's gold or silver coated as it rubs off on my skin and gives me an awful itchy rash. I'm also allergic to certain perfumes, wools and rats. :suprised:

I'm allergic to the cheap metal used to make jewellery and can't wear anything that's gold or silver coated as it rubs off on my skin and gives me an awful itchy rash. I'm also allergic to certain perfumes, wools and rats. :suprised:

Sounds about the same. For me it is not just coated though. White gold rings, gold rings, and silver rings have the same effect.

It really leaves my skin all red and horrible, and even if the metal is removed my skin stays that way for days. It took a good month for my neck to look normal again.

I also have to be careful if I am taking vitamin pills. Normal people can take two on accident and be fine, I on the other hand feel extremely sick because of the double iron and other metals. My grandparents at one point had vitamin C pills with extra calcium and iron and my grandma gave it to me so I did not see the extra iron. Bad things happened.

Just thinking about it now, i will never be able to get the traditional wedding band :p

Wools, rats and perfumes. That is rather interesting. Wool I can understand, because even now I don't like the feeling of it! Does perfume include stuff like spray on deodorant? What specifically about them are you allergic to?

x-istance, it's hared to believe you're alergic to gold, probably the alloy

try 24k, I would like to know if you're alergic to that as well

if not you can get a jewler to make something in 24k no problem, especially a ring which wouldn't need the extra strength the alloy gives

you can also wear a traditional wedding ring even if you're alergic to pure gold

you would have a jeweler create a gold inlay over the stainless, this would look like a platinum/gold ring and should be pretty nice

there are also different combinations of stainless steel, you are probably alergic to some versions, before you make the jewelery you need to check the type of stainless they're gonna use for the ring you build

among the many other professions, I was a jeweler for a few years

im not good with metals on my skin, seem to be ok with silver, gold and platinum, platinum is the most comfy and doesnt even cause me an itch, gold and silver itch for a while then my skin stops complaining and im ok..

needless to say the wife got me a platinum ring so i have no excuse to remove it lol

When I go commando, I have to make sure that the button on my jeans is covered with a piece of cloth otherwise at the end of the day I will have a circle imprinted on my skin, from where the skin got irritated from the metal.

A regular occurance?!

x-istance, it's hared to believe you're alergic to gold, probably the alloy

try 24k, I would like to know if you're alergic to that as well

if not you can get a jewler to make something in 24k no problem, especially a ring which wouldn't need the extra strength the alloy gives

you can also wear a traditional wedding ring even if you're alergic to pure gold

you would have a jeweler create a gold inlay over the stainless, this would look like a platinum/gold ring and should be pretty nice

there are also different combinations of stainless steel, you are probably alergic to some versions, before you make the jewelery you need to check the type of stainless they're gonna use for the ring you build

among the many other professions, I was a jeweler for a few years

24k gold is the same as any other gold/metal on my skin.

Stainless steel is what they made the ring thing (bottle opener) out of I linked to, and that one I have no problems with what so ever.

One metal I have not yet tried was platinum but I don't have that kind of money lying around :p

A regular occurance?!

Yes. Absolutely. It surprises me that not more guys and gals do it. I find it comfortable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back