All usernames lost!

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
being as though EP locked his 1st post on this subject.

where the hell is the backup. ?

or are you seriously saying those thousands of posts have gone due to an error ?

if i dont backup my site once a week i think the lads who post would shoot me for starters.

so comeon, what happend here, would someone care to explain.

well, new year, new start, though it hurts not to find tweaks and typical solutions for problems, if a ...october 2003 backup would be available, that would be great...or something :)
keep it up!

edit: a darker theme would be nice also :p

its almost 4am here and I thought it was explained in EP's post. Further explaination isnt needed. They are sorting through things and when they have more information it will be posted.

PseudoKiller said:
I didnt like the attitude with his question.
Although you may not like it, he's got a point. Every admin knows that they must make a backup regurarly, for a site like this preferrably a weekly backup. If I understood correctly, the last (complete) backup EP had was from 2002 :eek: Something is not right about that.

edit: Didn't noticed your last post, PK.

After reading the thread in question, I guess I missed MdSalih's and EP's posts. But it still hurts me that there is no regular backup made, let's hope that will change from now on. But, things have happened, luckily the posts table didn't get f00ked, hopefully there will be a nice archive built from that :)

Grendel said:
No I thought it was going to be about George Bush ;)

Perhaps a less cryptic title?
Or you shouldnt just a book by its cover... :p

[e]-punk did make a backup, but for some reason it only backed it up to a certain part. This can either be user error, or even MySQL error.

The way he describes it, it seems like it was an error [e]-punk did not notice, until everything went wrong.

all i can say is, i feel let down by those that should know better. you dont like the attitude of the question ?. :rolleyes:

no i didn't read the other post, i looked in the problem and feedback section and saw the most pathetic reply for a tech site in history. thats why i posted. an error haha. im pissed cus of the wealth of information thats been lost, and the attitude of those who lost it is, 'oh well like we gave a **** in the 1st place. 2 years wasted', and im not the only 1 who feels that way. 2 years. ffs.
no need to appologise, only a million odd posts and a few thousand members gone eh.

GoNz0 said:
all i can say is, i feel let down by those that should know better. you dont like the attitude of the question ?. :rolleyes:

no i didn't read the other post, i looked in the problem and feedback section and saw the most pathetic reply for a tech site in history. thats why i posted. an error haha. im pissed cus of the wealth of information thats been lost, and the attitude of those who lost it is, 'oh well like we gave a **** in the 1st place. 2 years wasted', and im not the only 1 who feels that way. 2 years. ffs.
no need to appologise, only a million odd posts and a few thousand members gone eh.
Yeah you have some serious issues. You can always go elsewhere since you feel this place isnt up to your standards.

i hope the posts are saved, and if its true the backups 2 years old, yeh thats not such a bad idea.

GoNz0 said:
i hope the posts are saved, and if its true the backups 2 years old, yeh thats not such a bad idea.

The latest word is that some posts may be recoverable from a backup taken yesterday however the backup is incomplete so it cant be fully restored.

Its a slap in the face i know but what you gonna do? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back