all in wonder or tv wonder

seperatist

OSNN Senior Addict
i have a 9500 pro and it's great but i want a tv in so i can record tv shows. i also want to be able to play videos from my comp on the tv. i know the all in wonder will do it but will the tv wonder do both and are there other cards out there that will do it too?

Originally posted by seperatist
i have a 9500 pro and it's great but i want a tv in so i can record tv shows. i also want to be able to play videos from my comp on the tv. i know the all in wonder will do it but will the tv wonder do both and are there other cards out there that will do it too?

your video card also has vivo... ie video IN video OUT...

this means you can display images from your tv on your monitor and from your computer onto your tv screen...

if you want a tv IN you can buy a small tv wonder card and you can watch tv on your monitor as well as record programs @ high quality... the all in wonder will do both as well but you have a good video card so there is little need for you to try to get an AIW card..

what do i need to go from the comp to the tv? what type of cables and what kind of tv imput do i go to? rca?

you need a s video cable to go from the tv to the computer, when i got my 9500 pro i got a rca to s video converter, but you can get a s video cable from radioshack or best buy.

will i get the audio out too or do i need a sound card to work that? if i get the tv wonder can i avoid all this by just using the coaxil cable or is that just a one way line? i want to avoid a cable mess because my tv is two rooms away and i will need about 50ft of cable.

im pretty sure your gonna need a sperate cable to get sound from the tv out on your 9500 but not sure youll get sound from a all-in-wonder tho. youll have to wait for sazar to answer that.

Originally posted by seperatist
will i get the audio out too or do i need a sound card to work that? if i get the tv wonder can i avoid all this by just using the coaxil cable or is that just a one way line? i want to avoid a cable mess because my tv is two rooms away and i will need about 50ft of cable.

the s-video cable is like rca all in one.. ie you get video/audio together...

for a long distance like that I dunno how much the cable will cost...

alternatively you can get video feed and use your computer for audio output...

Originally posted by Sazar
the s-video cable is like rca all in one.. ie you get video/audio together...

for a long distance like that I dunno how much the cable will cost...

alternatively you can get video feed and use your computer for audio output...

NO NO NO, S-VIDEO does NOT carry audio, just video. S-VIDEO offers better picture quality becasue it has 3 video wires plus 1 common, if you want to use S-VIDEO you still need to run an audio feed.

Sorry to be so rude, but this is had to be corrected.

Originally posted by Admiral Michael
NO NO NO, S-VIDEO does NOT carry audio, just video. S-VIDEO offers better picture quality becasue it has 3 video wires plus 1 common, if you want to use S-VIDEO you still need to run an audio feed.

Sorry to be so rude, but this is had to be corrected.

I should have been more specific :)

s-video/audio :)

cables run for around 10 bucks and under and that is what I use...

sry for confusion.. I've had it so long I didnt even think...

:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back