All In One DVD Program

N

Not Bman

I tend to use many programs to do many things with DVD's. And now that I have reformatted and installed 7, I thought I'd ask around again.

Want I want..

Rip DVD's into exact copies, with container of avi, mkv, etc.

Rip Blu-ray discs into exact copies (or remove parts) into containers etc.

Copy DVD disc to another disc.

Burn data, dvd files, video files to DVD.

What would be my best bet to get that, or most of that in one program?

I tend to use many programs to do many things with DVD's. And now that I have reformatted and installed 7, I thought I'd ask around again.

Want I want..

Rip DVD's into exact copies, with container of avi, mkv, etc.

Rip Blu-ray discs into exact copies (or remove parts) into containers etc.

Copy DVD disc to another disc.

Burn data, dvd files, video files to DVD.

What would be my best bet to get that, or most of that in one program?
Well, the Roxio Easy Creator 2009 did most of that in Vista with the Blu-ray addon, however, i installed it in windows 7, and all it does is crash when you try running it. I have also read the windows 7 microsoft forums, and others have had issues with burning software in general, especially ones that also give options for virtual drives to run the cds and dvds you rip to your computer. Might have to wait.

Well, the Roxio Easy Creator 2009 did most of that in Vista with the Blu-ray addon, however, i installed it in windows 7, and all it does is crash when you try running it. I have also read the windows 7 microsoft forums, and others have had issues with burning software in general, especially ones that also give options for virtual drives to run the cds and dvds you rip to your computer. Might have to wait.

Did you try running Roxio using compatibility mode (Vista)?

Bman i actually use a variety of programs freeware and shareware for different applications. there reaaly is no "one" true package.

I really suggest doing some research on all the software and get a better perspective .

http://www.videohelp.com/tools

For copying, I only use dvdfab. I use it to make the image or just the video files. It works perfect every time. The decryptor is free, and the paid (Platinum) will allow you to make videos for ipods and such, but, it won't let you make avi's. If you want to find help on those do like tdinc said and go to videohelp.com.

For all other data and image burning I use imgburn. It is free and great.

I guess it hasen't changed much.

Basically the last couple years its been DVDFab (or decryptor), and ImgBurn, along with a few others like DVD Shrink and such. DVDFab is awesome, maybe I should actually buy this time around.

I use Platinum, and its the best out there. updates are free so you never need to worry about copy protection. unlike anyDVD where they change for paid updates.....

I think you will be happy bman if you get it.

I just looked at the DVDFab website, it says something like 9.99/yearly...?

where do you see that? I never had any issues or had to pay for an update

Bman i actually use a variety of programs freeware and shareware for different applications. there reaaly is no "one" true package.

I really suggest doing some research on all the software and get a better perspective .

http://www.videohelp.com/tools

I agree with the philosophy of different programs for different functions. While I use almost every Slysoft product I also mix in some other software such as VobBlanker, DVD Rebuilder, and other options. I don't believe that most suites are the best options when it comes to software be it all-in-one DVD solutions or even the antivirus/anti-malware/anti-spam/firewall suites that all the antivirus vendors want to get you to buy.

Specifically focused applications tend to be better and once they start over-extending their functionality then more chances exist for errors to creep in resulting in more bugs to fix.

Playing a folder is supported by all the media centre compatible blu-ray/hd-dvd/dvd playback software. All you have to do is extract the iso the anydvd creates.

I just looked at the DVDFab website, it says something like 9.99/yearly...?

where do you see that? I never had any issues or had to pay for an update

In May of 2008 the licensing policies were changed by DVDFab. Old licenses were grandfathered but new ones require a year subscription fee for the non-freeware version.

if you have anydvd that will rip protection free for you :)

Most definitely. :)

Yea I do have that and knew that, but most of the time I'd rather rip into a container, instead of the DVD/blu-ray format.

Playing a folder is supported by all the media centre compatible blu-ray/hd-dvd/dvd playback software. All you have to do is extract the iso the anydvd creates.

According to their forums Slysoft is working on a new project which may have a big impact on this type of stuff. It will handle BluRay for sure and may allow removing unwanted material, definitely compressing BD-50s to BD-25s and quite possibly down to BD-9 and BD-5. It's also possible they might release a product that allows conversion from the original BluRay format to another format altogether for a compressed and/or portable version. This could be some very exciting stuff wen they finally release more details and the software, itself.

Last edited:
I don't buy blu-ray so that I can compress it down to DVD size - I buy a DVD if I want to do that :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back