All In One DVD Program

I don't buy blu-ray so that I can compress it down to DVD size - I buy a DVD if I want to do that :p

Fair enough however take an original BluRay and re-encode it so that it is still a BluRay structure but fits on a single layer or double-layer DVD. Due to the use of a better encoding method (ie VC-1 or AVC) the resulting playback on a computer or standalone BluRay player the quality will likely still be better in nearly every respect compared to the quality of an MPEG-2 encoded standard DVD content. Of course you also have better audio quality, as well. This would allow people to store movies on their servers or whatnot with better than standard DVD quality yet not taking up all the gigabytes worth of space.

Some people will prefer to buy the BluRay once rather than buying a movie on BluRay and then again as a standard DVD just in order to further create portable copies for their own personal use.

Last edited:
Another related question, that I forgot to add.

I used to use DVD Flick all the time for converting video files into a DVD. Now I always noticed, on every player I tried that the sound and video would become out of sync when using discs made from DVD Flick. What program do you guys suggest for this?

I used to use DVD Flick all the time for converting video files into a DVD. Now I always noticed, on every player I tried that the sound and video would become out of sync when using discs made from DVD Flick. What program do you guys suggest for this?

tmpgenc :)

Check out VSO ConvertXtoDVD.

It's not free but it's a no-brainer program that can convert boatloads of formats to a DVD structure. You can even rip a BluRay disc to an m2ts file and then use ConvertXtoDVD to turn that into an SD DVD.

I just use Nero.

All hail Nero, the God of Bloat. :p

I dumped Nero. It is too big and bloated and they simply wore out their welcome on my systems. I use ImgBurn for my burning needs and replaced all the other parts of the Nero suite with other programs that do as good if not a better job.

All hail Nero, the God of Bloat. :p

I dumped Nero. It is too big and bloated and they simply wore out their welcome on my systems. I use ImgBurn for my burning needs and replaced all the other parts of the Nero suite with other programs that do as good if not a better job.

So I assume you do not know how to do a custom install?

You have two choices when installing Nero which are typical or custom.
Select custom and you can choose to install only the parts of Nero you need.

So I assume you do not know how to do a custom install?

You have two choices when installing Nero which are typical or custom.
Select custom and you can choose to install only the parts of Nero you need.

Yeah, I know how to to a custom install and did for many years but that doesn't negate the fact that the updater download sizes are ungodly and I refuse to use the internal updater because it hosed my entire Nero install in the past.

I used Nero since before XP was released and I loved it but Nero turned their program into a monstrosity and then has the gall to keep asking for way too much money and giving previous owners a laughable discount when upgrading. Nero also isn't interested in fixing bugs that have existed in the software suite for quite awhile.

So, I now don't need to do custom installs. All the applications I now use don't even come close to adding up to the size of the Nero installer and the installation process is now a heck of a lot faster than Nero's.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions. I guess I am not all that cut out for DVD/Video related stuff, I found tmpgenc to have too many options, the VSO programs make me feel like installing warez, not sure why and Nero is another story lol.

I downloaded my old favorite DVD Flick and it was a much newer version from when I used it. I burned the video I wanted and it was good quality and no syncing issues that I could see. So I am happy, for now :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back