All games crash freq. error: minidump sysdata etc. plz help

P

PHIL

All my games seem to crash frequently some more than others. Especially after my recent clean re-install of windows xp. I have no idea what is causing this, whether it's the new update package for win xp or my detonator nvidia drivers. Maybe the new via 4in1 drivers changed something. But everytime i play my games i either get a blue screen of death stating there was a minidump error of memmory in sysdata.. blah blah or the same blue screen stating that a drawing operation could not be completed eror : file nv4sw. blah blah
this error occurs very frequently in starategy games and not so in my action games. THis error causes my system to auto restart , since i enabled that function because there's no other way to get out of the crash. I doubt it's the detonator drivers since the crash occured before and after installing newest drivers. I am looking towards more the via 4in1 drivers. If you have any suggestion on how i can overcome these frequent crashes I would love to hear from you. These crashes render my comp useless for games.
PS. Does winamp 3 on your computer crash every chance it gets ? or is it my comp.:(

I'm not sure what nv4sw is, but anything related to nv4 is usually a nvidia driver. Do you have a geforce card?

Try reinstalling the video driver.

What are your computer specs?

the nv4sw error crash is not very frequent 9/10 of my crashes occur with message minidump error in c:\local/user/etc.. minidump directory.

Originally posted by PHIL
the nv4sw error crash is not very frequent 9/10 of my crashes occur with message minidump error in c:\local/user/etc.. minidump directory.

:confused:

I'm either lost, or not getting what your saying here...

I've never seen a " minidump error in c:\local/user/etc.. minidump directory" error before

Can you elaborate on this, or is that all there is to explain?

:eek: Ok, thank god I am not alone with this problem!!!Happens frequently or not at all. ERK!! I usually get it in RedFaction/AliensVS.Predator2/GhostRecon....
System=Clone
K7vdragonplus mobo
amd athlonXP1700+
512mb unbuffered DDR
PNY Nvidiageforce3 Ti500
yes latest Nvidia drivers/23.11
Via 4in1/1.47?? I think
Creative soundblasterAudigy gamer

Anyone???Please????? I've gone to all the above's tech support
and have filed error reports!!!What's up??? the problem seems to be based around Nv4 or the minidump!!!! I've run the Dxdiag.exe on this and the only problem seems to be the Nv4(driver) because it's not Windows XP digitally signalled!! could that be all??? Why haven't they release aa XP digitally signalled driver yet!? WHY????:mad:

Which Nvidia driver are you using? I use the 23.11s, but a lot of other people are noticing problems with it, so maybe you shoul stay clear of that one.

The safest ones I know of are either 21.83, or 21.85, People seem to have good luck with those.

They arent digitally signed (not signalled :D ), but I dont think there are any yet.

Same problem with me, all drivers 21.83 and 23.11 i have the same message about minidump or something like this with everygame, in winMe everything is ok. So why i cant play in winXP?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back