All future Windows 7 builds to public torrent sites *April Fools*

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
Here is one for the news page:

You might be familiar with the fact of Windows 7 builds getting leaked soon like the 7070 screenshots, 7068 for 32 bit and 64 bit versions on popular torrent sites like Mininova and Pirate bay. In lieu to this Microsoft has now announced that all builds will now be posted to a public torrent tracker for anyone who wants to download them.

Now this seems a smart strategy by Microsoft, as whenever new builds are leaked torrent sites are the first one’s to be targeted.Not a single kilobyte of that transferred through Microsoft’s servers, which amounts to a substantial cost savings.

A Microsoft Employee said
Quote:
At this point, a more transparent process makes sense. We know users like the way Windows 7 looks and functions, so at this point it’s becoming more about stability and performance. Sharing the builds via peer to peer networks is a great way for us to reach a larger testing base.
With Windows 7’s popularity still on the rise, Microsoft wants to do all they can to “leverage that popularity”.Details about the tracker will be posted on TechNet tomorrow morning, and all builds after 7075 will be made available including the RC when Microsoft puts that stamp on a particular build.
Details about the tracker will be posted on TechNet tomorrow morning, and all builds after 7075 will be made available - including the RC when Microsoft puts that stamp on a particular build.
Source

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Manowar - Spirit Horse Of The Cherokee

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: All future Windows Seven builds to be available to public torrent sites

This was an April Fools joke

Re: All future Windows Seven builds to be available to public torrent sites

it was? Hmmm . Well what do you know lol ...

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back