All forums register or be shut down in China

Re: All forums be registered or be shut down in China

should be in our town soon I think

I dont see anything wrong with this. I'd like to see the same done for AOL users myself.

You probably have more freedoms in China than you do here in the UK or the US provided you dont try and upset the government. Communism works for the chinese at the moment. I dont think the country would do all that well with "Democracy" as it is in the UK/US as our "Democracy" is just shorted of elected dictatorship from my perspective.

LordOfLA said:
I dont see anything wrong with this. I'd like to see the same done for AOL users myself.

You probably have more freedoms in China than you do here in the UK or the US provided you dont try and upset the government. Communism works for the chinese at the moment. I dont think the country would do all that well with "Democracy" as it is in the UK/US as our "Democracy" is just shorted of elected dictatorship from my perspective.

Quoted for effect.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with "LordofLA." Congress might be as worthless as a paperweight sometimes, but we do have more rights to speak our mind than China ever will, at this rate.

Melon

You can say what you want in china as long as it does not attempt to subvert the communist government.

This reminds me of the king of spam... Before the one on slashdot.org where a bunch of people sick of spam put his unlisted phone number, new address, and work email addy up there, where everyone sick of being spammed got a little revenge served cold

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2002/12/06.11.shtml

there was another campaign. They'd contact the government of China and claim that Mr. Ralsky was actually sending Chinese military secrets (or something of that sort) out through those email accounts he had setup in China :laugh: Many people wouldn't deserve it... In Mr. Ralsky's case however, I think many an Internet user would be happy to see him on the wrong end of this :D

Son Goku said:
This reminds me of the king of spam... Before the one on slashdot.org where a bunch of people sick of spam put his unlisted phone number, new address, and work email addy up there, where everyone sick of being spammed got a little revenge served cold

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2002/12/06.11.shtml

there was another campaign. They'd contact the government of China and claim that Mr. Ralsky was actually sending Chinese military secrets (or something of that sort) out through those email accounts he had setup in China :laugh: Many people wouldn't deserve it... In Mr. Ralsky's case however, I think many an Internet user would be happy to see him on the wrong end of this :D

LOL the comments below the story are just as funny as the story itself.

I was wanting to start a site that listed nothing but bum e-ila addresses and addresses gleaned from spam.

Let spam bots spam each other.

The original discussion on slashdot (where this whole thing was being hatched) had even more comments. Things like "Me thinks Mr. Spammer wants a Penthouse subscription for Christmas"...

I wouldn't have minded ordering Mr Spammer a coconut cream, if they could give it to him special delivery. Not aware of any "in your face, pie delivery" services though :laugh:

There was a mention in that whole discussion of a former attempt to get the Chinese authorities to shut Mr. Rawlsky down as a national security risk, though wasn't able to find mention again, of that particular plan which had been hatched...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back