Alienware to slow?

Johnny said:
The 5100 is also ata drives, 9100 has sata .. The 9100 also has raid, that concurred me to it more than the 5100. Although, I like the smaller 5100 tower better. Then, by the time I get it, they might have sata2 with it ...

The 9100c is the same case as the 5100c. Although it doesn't appear to be available yet but it was in my latest newsletter from Dell.

It might come out later on Matt. There are several products on the horizon that will debut in the next few months. Dual-core/dual-gpu setup is next on the horizon on the personal computer setup.

On the server side :D some nice stuff coming out soon (once signal integrity is completed).

Dunno when the POS low ends will be EOL'd and replaced with something better.

Sazar said:
They are all S-ATA above the 3000 model.
O.k, the standard 5100 is sata, it said serial ata. At first it threw me off, I am used to seeing said as sata .. That is cool. Looks like I might just go with the 5100 then. I don't need raid, I have an external hd I do all my back ups to, so that will be good enough for me :) .. I priced it out earlier for the standard 5100, with everything I want, is around $2,300.00. I think I will be able to find a discount deal on fatwallet, so I might luck out and get it for under 2,000.00 ;)

I like the cases for the c series, they take up a lot less space than a tower. I am just not sure about the sideways dvd-r .. .

Johnny said:
O.k, the standard 5100 is sata, it said serial ata. At first it threw me off, I am used to seeing said as sata .. That is cool. Looks like I might just go with the 5100 then. I don't need raid, I have an external hd I do all my back ups to, so that will be good enough for me :) .. I priced it out earlier for the standard 5100, with everything I want, is around $2,300.00. I think I will be able to find a discount deal on fatwallet, so I might luck out and get it for under 2,000.00 ;)

I like the cases for the c series, they take up a lot less space than a tower. I am just not sure about the sideways dvd-r .. .

The 4700's are EOL after this month so they have some nice prices on those computers at the moment.

Btw pm your config and I'll see what I can do :)

Another thing to consider is the fact that you pay $5000 for an Alienware system which the components cost $4000. You have to remember you are paying for labor as well.
doesn't look like you said for labor and services, madmatt. and i have NEVER seen a company charge $150 an hour for stuff like that. most i've seen is about $75 an hour.... from a semi-local computer store..... and that was for on-site stuff. and still...... that'd mean it took nearly 10 hours to get the computer up and running. they more than likely don't even do a lot of work. they probably have restore discs for each system they need to do something to so that they don't have to do too much work and move onto the next computer. If i told my mom that i'd charge $150 an hour to build a computer, she'd probably beat the hell outta me. that'd be like charging as much as the computer is worth just in labor charges. that's freakin crazy. NOW you know why most would rather build their own computer. insane prices just to have some company build a computer for you.

Capitalism at it’s finest.

Moving forward, here are a couple ideas. Firstly, read my entire post. Secondly, get over it. As you can see I stopped making the argument.

I'll stick to the server forum where nobody bothers arguing about such bull****.

Some real winners on the forums these days.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back