Alexa Extension to MS IE6

D

davidjevery

Hi

Just downloaded Lavasofts Adware V5.7 and it picks up an Alexa extention to MS IE6, some kind of sneaky tracking i think. I have not installed the Alexa toolbar !!.

What exactly doe this do, anyone know.

If i get rid of it will my XP and IE6 disappear int cyberspace.

Regards

David

I just let Ad-Aware get rid of the entries and everything seems to work fine (you'll probably lose the Alexa toolbar, but if you never use it, no matter). I haven't had any problems.

Could anyone tell us what is Alexa Toolbar ?

I also installed and run the latest version of AD-aware, and yes it also removed the Alexa spies...

Hi

Thanks for your inputs.

Just a few observations.

The Alexa toolbar as described on their website is ok if you want it and you want your surfing monitored, in fact the website is very straight and upfront about this, just read their PRIVACY POLICY. I have no objection to this as long as the individual wants this.

As i have never installed the thing (Alexa Toolbar....) i can only assume Microsoft has partnered with this company and sneaked it into XP or IE6 to gain info.

THIS I DO OBJECT TO

Any further info would be appreciated

Regards

David

Never had this come up in Ad-Aware, so it can't be a MS issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back