Alert Popup on firefox

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I keep getting this popup: I have used Spybot, and Highjackthis to see if there is a problem with my machine. Comes up clean. Only happens when I am using Firefox 1.0.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Heeter

Attachments

• popup.JPG
    popup.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 139
I get that too...kinda bugs me but not too much. I dont know how to fix it prob cause i havent bothered looking for a fix.

Off topic...i like that sig of the duke boys :)

I get that when the page is slow loading,been getting it all day here.I just click it away and ignore it :laugh:

Found this, hope it helps Heeter:

There is an option called
network.http.connect.timeout
You can access it by typing
about:config
in Mozilla's address bar. Right click on the option (options are sorted alphabetically) and select modify. You can then enter the new value. The number should indicates the time in seconds. Your best bet would be to experiment with different settings to see what does the job.
If you ever want to return this setting to its default value, simply right click it and chose reset.

Hi MasterShakes,

It is actually a site that I am not trying to get on. I have never heard of that site. Yesterday I was getting these Alerts on totally different site names as well, that I never heard of either.

Off Topic: TittleBitties, it belongs to someone in here called ApparitionX.

Heeter

Understood.

I assume you've cleared your cache. ;)

Now check this - I believe we may have semi-traced the culprit:

http://www.googlecommunity.com/about2579.html

Reading through the mumbo jumbo... it appears that Bluetime is a ad banner company... and if their adserver is down, or slow... FF is timing out trying to load the banner.

ApparitionX said:
off topic :Thanks TittleBitties
:)

LOL...no prob. I use to watch that show all the time but never seen it on anymore. Cant wait till the movie comes out.

Anyway...about the alert. I only seem to get it when i am at home on dial up. Any place i have gone that doesnt have dial up doesnt have the alert come up but we have IE at school so guess that doesnt count but my friend has it and it doesnt do anything.

you know what is funny as hell?? i was reading this topic and that popup came for me aswell. the funny thing is its never happned to me before till this topic opened. :cry: :cry: :cry:

That popup is telling you what happened, the connection timed out when trying to connect to that ad server.

Thanks J79zlr,

I do recognize what it means, it is just that I am not trying to access that website. It just tells me that Firefox cannot connect. I am thinking, judging from reading several other places that it is probably a dead banner ad link. But I don't understand why that just because a banner ad link on a site is dead, why am I getting the connecetion timed out alert.

Heeter

Because the site it is trying to connect to is down., so it tries to connect to the server, but times out. It happens here a lot.

It's annoying when it does it over and over,my finger aches clicking it away every 2 minutes :speechless: :laugh:

j79zlr said:
Because the site it is trying to connect to is down., so it tries to connect to the server, but times out. It happens here a lot.

Hi J,

Do you mean here as in OSNN? Could my thought on what it is be correct then? (Banner Ad Link, Someone's Sig Link)

Thanks,

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back