Alcatel Speedtouch ADSL

M

-=Mafia=-

The new 1.6 drivers are really bad. I get disconnected all the time. Does anyone know how to fix it? Does anybody know where i can get the 1.4 drivers?

you dont say wot op system u r using, but bt send the wrong disk, they send the 1.6 set and believe it or not they are for the eastern market.
check your taskbar and look for the alcatel icon (looks like half a phone covered in lime jelly) Got it??? good...right click on that and go to show diagnostics.
Check your vpi is set to 0 and the vci is set to 38...if not your modem is set wrong...just download new drivers from btopenworld.com...I dont think it matters if u dont use them as an isp or not. i hope that helps.....sorry if it doesnt....but you will wait for hours trying to get through on help lines with your isp

it appears that the modem is set wrong. how do i change the settings? oh and im running XP Home

if your modem is set wrong...or at least different from mine..download the driv.....actually there have been numerous reports on the web that alcatel have been sending the wrong drivers to its customers.....are you using bt broadband coz i can send you my set through email if u want....no viruses PROMISE :)
If not my set i'm using are the V140.2r set....or type in alcatel drivers or go here www.vnunet.com/News/1113386 and see how many others are suffering :(

If you had broadband under 6 months ur CD should be driver v 1.4

hey :)
soz geez but i thought V140.blah blah was v1.4....silly me ...
I thought it was the 1.4's that were causing the problems in the first place....ohhh i'm getting confused now ;)... anyway that site address i sent is very relevant if you are bt customers.
I have to quickley say that i NEVER have problems connecting with my set and always get stonking speeds :)
SO i aint changing nowt just yet until i'm guarenteed stupendous results, else there is no point changing them !!
Oh and i'm running xp pro...just in case u were wondering

my modem cd has 1.2.3 drivers. oh and btw i found the 1.4 drivers at some french site. if anyone wants the site jus tell me.
oh and now my modem is running good as new! wahoo

congrats mafia....nice one hope all goes well now :)

Does the problems with 1.6 drivers include slow access???????:mad:

Hi, yeah me thinks so....just stick with the 1.4 set as mentioned above...it seems for now at least they are the most reliable OK :)

Been using 1.6 drivers for about a month with now major problems, from a clean install of windows, then straight to the 1.6 drivers. setup asks for the original drivers which are off of the freeserve cd. Note i dont actually install the freeserve bits. Hope this helps other people in the uk:D

Well hey i'm always tryin new things...hell i'll give em a go cheers...was that now or no (as mentioned in your reply) coz i'm a tad wary if ur saying now major problems...instead of no major problems...cheers anyway:D

sorry ment NO. Bit of the old tired and trying to type route

phew thank god for that....im arlso tyred tee hee....cheers for the advise though nice one;)

Alcatel Speedtouch on BT Openworld

Thanks for the advice to revert to the 1.4 Drivers. I use BTOpenworld, and my Speedtouch modem kept disconnecting (status icon went yellow). Luckily I had kept the previous 1.4 driver, and now it seems a lot better.
:)

The zipped driver is 3.1MB, and form staes max attachment at 0.5MB

:(

hello,

that's weird. i'm running a alcatel speedtouch usb with
driver version pppoa v.1.61 on windows xp home.

ppp0av161.JPG

installation was flawless.

performance is awesome.

p.s. i might still have the product cd with drivers, so let me know if i can help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back