Albatron Ti4200P Turbo/BIOS

S

shulse

Alright...I should have left well enough alone and never did what I am about to describe to you guys/girls. I recently installed an Albatron Ti4200P Turbo graphics card. It worked beautifully but , as I am always thinking, thought it could be better after I downloaded and installed a BIOS update released from Albatron.

I installed the BIOS update in DOS and it said that everything went fine and there were no problems and installation was complete. From there I was given the A:> prompt, in which I turned off the computer. Upon trying to reboot, I was immediately taken to a screen with color bar codes telling me that no signal was being received. I took out the Albatron card and reinstalled my GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 card which is working fine and what I am currently using.

What happened? Obviously something with BIOS but I don't know what. I am very inept at BIOS configurations as I don't have much experience. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Screw the update...I would just like to get back to having the card work. For some reason my system restore would not work as well...it went to the screen and proceeded to make the restore, but upon rebooting it told me that it couldn't complete the restore. Argh.

lol From Brooklyn. I'm from Brooklyn too. Actually, I'm in Brooklyn.

Graphics cards BIOS updates always scare me. The reason system restore wouldn't work to fix the card, well, the BIOS is on the card, not the system.

What to do...I'm afraid I don't really know. If there was a reset jumper somewhere on the card, you could pull that, and maybe it would be better. Or a dual BIOS, like my mobo has.

However, we're talking about a graphics card...

Sazar or Zedric, they might know :)

Well if you have a PCI video card laying around you could put that in as well as the 4200, using the PCI card as the primary video (should be a setting in your MOBO bios to do this) so you can see what your doing and try to re-flash the 4200.

The other option is to return the card, assuming it is still under warrenty.

Originally posted by rettahc
Well if you have a PCI video card laying around you could put that in as well as the 4200, using the PCI card as the primary video (should be a setting in your MOBO bios to do this) so you can see what your doing and try to re-flash the 4200.

The other option is to return the card, assuming it is still under warrenty.

I like your last option and have already started the process with newegg. They have a nice, no questions asked policy on replacements. I wasn't too happy with the speeds from this card anyway...I feel it should have been a lot faster than what it was and hopefully a new one will be.

Thanks for the help.

And to Nick M....Williamsburg here. 2nd stop on the "L"...home of the "Hipster Doofus". :cool:

what fixes/improvements did the bios update have? it's always good to check that, if it doesn't mention anything that applies to you, then don't bother getting it.

but sorry to hear, man. just bad luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back