Alanis Morissette - My Humps

Rumor has it that Alanis did this cover of the Black-Eyed Peas original as an April fools joke - but it has yet to be confirmed it was a deliberate April Fools thing..

But she does link to the video on her main site (http://alanis.com/myhumps.html) so I think even if it wasn't a 4/1 deal, it was meant to be a satire/parody of how stupid the songs lyrics really are..

When viewing her version, it is a pretty supid song (lyrically).. especially considering the original version won a Grammy..

Last edited:
Ya really ought to warn an ol' fart before they view this! :laugh:

Ya really ought to warn an ol' fart before they view this! :laugh:

Hey DamnYank... consider yourself warned.. I figured you're old enough that you might forget you watched it the first time...

*duck*
:p
:nervous:

When viewing her version, it is a pretty stupid song (lyrically).. especially considering the original version won a Grammy..
Are you serious? That song (the original one) is up there among some of the worst songs I've ever had the misfortune of listening to. And it won a Grammy? :eek:

No no no, I think it must have won a 'granny', perhaps as the booby prize in some sort of amateur karaoke night.

I don't know what's going on with that video! Perhaps she took too many jagged little pills.

Last edited:
Are you serious? That song (the original one) is up there among some of the worst songs I've ever had the misfortune of listening to. And it won a Grammy? :eek:

That's the state of music in the States :crosseyed:

sadly, yes.. it won a Grammy this year

Check out the list of 2007 Grammy nominations/winners (http://www.grammy.com/GRAMMY_Awards/49th_Show/list.aspx)
Category 7 - Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals.. winners are highlighted in orange

Wow,
this sounds so dumb.
At least when you can't understand the words its not THAT bad,
this version is idiotic :p.
Don't like the other version either though.

It has been fixed for years. I don't think I've ever watched that award show. Liked the vid tho. Thanks Petros !

If only some real deserving and true musicians could win some awards. Would love to see Tool win, that would make my day. But bands like that don't fit in with that crowd... ya know, they have talent. :smoker:

I found this funny as crap... and I can see where it would have been a spoof...

No one should take things too seriously...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back