AIW 9700 Pro Buzz

S

silky62678

I just got a AIW 9700 pro for chrismas (alittle early). One question, mine makes this buzzing noise. It's not very loud but it's the loudest thing in my computer. I was wondering, is this normal or is this something i should be looking into, or maybe need to return it? I know my geforce i never heard the fan like this one.

your video card fan should not be that loud... I have the same card and I can't hear it above my hdd's which are liquid bearing and very quiet themselves..

it is possible that your fan may be a little off...

there are products available from Zalman that allow you to make your card completely silent... just add one of their big fanless heatsinks and you are good to go...

alternatively have a careful poke round your card and see if there is anything that is creating the noise or interfering with the fan itself..

I just installed my p4's hsf and there was a piece interfering with the fan (no damage thank god... shoddy packaging though) once I cleared things up... no more noise :D

I will check if anything is interfering with the fan, if not i will take it back, not 14 days yet. I can even hear it when i turn my HSF all the way up and that's LOUD at full speed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back