AIM Virus?

mooo

thecyberninja
I have 2 names using aim (thanks to gaim) and someone who has both messaged me with a link from both and i am pretty sure its a virus.. just a heads up. Not sure what it does cept messages everyone on your list with the link, prolly a tojan or something. Admins edit link if you like, not sure if you want to post for security reasons or not.. but hosted here

Warning: Do not run this file
http://www.ituned.com/pictures.pif

this is the exact line (<3 gaim for ability to log and ability to rename users) :
stupid girl: HAHA LOOK AT THEM http://www.ituned.com/pictures.pif

Last edited:
Yes that is a virus, anything with a PIF extension I would be wary of. Kaspersky finds it as:

IM-Worm.Win32.Opanki.i

I think its that virus thats been going around lately. I know there is one that sends you a link and it says hey this is you and you think it is if your stupid enough since its from a friend you talk to since it sends to people on your buddy list.

Added a warning message to the first post, just so that nobody inadvertently tries to run the file.

I would like to add, for those of you who do use AIM and happen to get a virus.
this handy little tool can help you out.

AIM fix 1.0

The AIM client itself is a virus ..

Johnny said:
The AIM client itself is a virus ..

OMG, you almost took the words outa my mouth. Except that I was thinking "America Offline is the virus of the Internet" :D

Anyhow, AIM would be AO-Hell's own instant messaging program...

BTW, unless I'm confusing it with something else, isn't Gaim ad/mal-ware? I thought I saw it as such. You might want to get Ad Aware or some other such program and run a scan to get rid of it, if you haven't already...

Son Goku said:
BTW, unless I'm confusing it with something else, isn't Gaim ad/mal-ware?

I believe you are thinking of "GAIN" which is GATOR" :ninja:

Son Goku said:
BTW, unless I'm confusing it with something else, isn't Gaim ad/mal-ware? I thought I saw it as such.
Nope not at all. If your really unsure check the source. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back