AHCI and vista

You need the "F6" drivers for your controller. You can load the driver during Windows Setup from USB, CD, or floppy. You can download the drivers right from Intel.

It sounds like you are trying to boot into an already installed Vista after changing to AHCI mode, is this the case? You might be able to install the SATA/RAID drivers for your chipset from Windows, then shut down Vista and change the mode in the BIOS, and then try booting into Vista again. I don't know if this will work.

Also, I'm assuming that madmatt knows you have an Intel-chipset based motherboard? Otherwise you'd have to get the driver from the appropriate manufacturer, of course. As madmatt said, it's normally the case to already have the BIOS setting how you want it before installing Windows, and load the drivers from removeable media during setup.

I assumed it is an Intel chipset because AHCI is an Intel technology.

yea its an intel mb....can u help with this process, I don't want to reinstall vista!

Do you need help getting your drivers from Intel? If so do you know the model of your motherboard?

FYI, my AMD/ATI-based motherboard can use AHCI; I think that's widely adopted.

Hooah! Glad you did. I had tried googling for someone else who had solved it, but I couldn't find any with a quick search.

failurbydesign...do you have a sata dvd drive?? I'm trying to decide to switch to AHCI Mode but I'm reading that problems occur for the sata optical drives after it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back