AGP and PCI

N

Nitris

is there a way to use a AGP with a PCI to get better graphics? i'm thinking probably not :confused:

I'm not sure If I've understood but you should wait for PCI Express .. :eek:

Originally posted by Nitris
is there a way to use a AGP with a PCI to get better graphics? i'm thinking probably not :confused:

the ports require different adaptors.. you can't use a pci card in an agp slot and vice versa...

pci express should make things universal though...

sorry I was in a hurry so my question didn't really come out right. What I mean is Say I have a gfx card in a AGP , then I put another gfx card in a PCI slot, came I use both at once to get better performance?

Originally posted by Nitris
sorry I was in a hurry so my question didn't really come out right. What I mean is Say I have a gfx card in a AGP , then I put another gfx card in a PCI slot, came I use both at once to get better performance?

no.. your performance is dependent solely on your primary adapters capability...

I have 2 video cards... having 2 does not mean you will get a faster overall performance level.. it does mean that you can go dual monitor or something else...

gameplay and everything else depends entirely on your primary adapter's gpu...

no way .. that's not the same thing as 2 processor support "

There are only two good things about having two graphics cards:

1. The first one dies and you have another that can take its place.

2. You have a monitor that requires multiple gFX cards. There is only one that I know of.

as long as the cards are the same, the agp slot is better than the pci one anyway....so just keep the agp one in.

but having multiple gfx cards means you can play games like Quake and Flight sims on multiple monitors.

From what I've read, you only get one mini PCI Express slot for graphics only, and you get another two slots twice the length for other devices.
Can't remember the exact details off the top of my head though, so I might be wrong on this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back