AGP 8x + APG PRO

X

-[xs]-mirage

Hey all, i was wondering if anyone could help me!

My friend wants to buy an Asus P4T533-R Wich has AGP Pro on it. Does AGP Pro support 8x? or only 4x?

Thanks all,

Take it easy!

No AGP Pro dont support 8x, just think as if its a tweak version of 4x. Asus P4T533-R board you are looking at only support up to 4x AGP. I think you should skip on this board if you really want 8x

only 4x, but i would suggest something with 8x from now on, just in case you plan on upgrading your video card in the future.

you would have to upgrade your video card in the far future if you really wanted to take advantage of agp 8x, seeing as how no one can get higher benchmark numbers with 8x at the moment. we'll have to wait a while before video cards get powerful enough to use up the whole agp 8x bus (2.1gb/sec?).

i don't know about new, high-end systems, but i don't even see a difference between 4x and 2x.

thanks a lot all!!

Very Helpful!

Take it easy and have a happy and safe halloween!

PEACE

Posted by taurus
you would have to upgrade your video card in the far future if you really wanted to take advantage of agp 8x, seeing as how no one can get higher benchmark numbers with 8x at the moment. we'll have to wait a while before video cards get powerful enough to use up the whole agp 8x bus (2.1gb/sec?).

i don't know about new, high-end systems, but i don't even see a difference between 4x and 2x.

As video becomes more and more demanding AGP 8x is the last stop on the road till PCI 2.0 or PCI-X. I think that video will soon benifit. Take a 9700 in an 8x board, then limit is to 2x and try to run some high performance stuff (3dmark) and your score should go down.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back