Age of Mythology graphics

S

Sux

Anone experiencing problems with AOM graphics? mainly the colour and brightness changing by it self several times over the coarse of a game.
Most often it goes a bright aqua blue or gold ting to everything making it hard to workout who's on who's side.
Sometimes the screen goes blank requiring pressing the Windows key then clicking on the game in the task bar to return it to normal,sound just keeps going.
The other 8 games on the computer at the moment have no such problems. The system is:
AMD1000 unclocked
516 sd ram
Geforce2MX 32 mb Det 41.09
SB Live value newest XP compatible driver
1.01 update game patch
DirectX 8.1

Hmm I havent had this problem but, Im running a 4400 TI with the new 42 detonators. Anyone?

Your right the vidio card is not too flash .I've tried AOM on the LOW quality setting as well and it does the same thing with the
brightness and colours as well no less that on the high setting .
The frame rate is fine on either setting.
Where did you get the 42 Detinators there not on the Nvidia site yet.Detinator will never come out of beta if they are going to start including optimising for the new Gforce FX,I'm getting sick of this unified driver idea,why don't they have a driver for Gforce4MX cards and less and one for the cards with all the features.

I play AOM (and luv it) on two different boxs. One is an 800Mhz AMD w/64MB GeForce 3 Ti200 (SB Live! Value SC) and the other is a P4 1.6 w/64MB GeForce 4 MX 440 (SB Live! Value SC) and no problems on either one.

Here are my stabs at the situation:

*Maybe you have some corrupted graphic files from the install, because if it was the vid card then you would have all the games doing that...

*Got your AV prog running at all times? Done a full sweep?

*I know it will take like 10 mins but a uninstall/reinstall might fix your problem--with a reboot in the middle of course. ;)

*Good luck! :)

surly can't be the vid card.. i got a gf2mx400 and it ran smooth as... i luvd the game ;) last level was a wee bit ... ermm... easy? lol but overall it was pretty cool.. better than any age of empires

Hay Kiwi bro good to see some Nuw Zulund input.
Nice sig.I've been in Aus for the last 6 years.

not bad... not bad :D
thanks about the sig... not the best i've seen :p but it's not all bad ..
anyway..

after a while playing, i got this lagging problem that persist when everythime i click on the screen on the minimap to other places. Why this is happening and is there any solution to it?

BTW, here's my spec

Intel P4 1.5
256 rdram
64mb gf2mx 400 (driver 41.03)
80gb wd hdd

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back