Age Of Empires2 Help

kingsam

OSNN Addict
installed aoe2 on my xp machine,and tryed everything but still cant get it to work.Any help please!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

AOE2

What does it actually do then?

I have it on both of my PCs both running XP Pro and have had no problems at all.

When i start the program it brings up the windowsxp error message,saying windows encountered a serious problem,do you wish to send this report to microsoft y or n,ive also try using the compatablility mode ,but no joy.

Damn! That's a good point, forgot to mention that I have the patch installed.

age of empires

installed the patch,but still no joy,any ideas???
many thanks

Hmmm....tricky....
Have tried comp. mode?
I had it going at once..and with the patches installed.

Maybe you should try to re-install the game..install the patch straight away..re-start..that is how I do it...and it is ticking on here....

sucks

I love that game and mine runs fine on xp pro but here is something that happened to me a while back and I I dont know what or why but I was having trouble with different programs acting that way and stuff that I know runs on xp because I had previously had it installed on the same machine prior ro a format? So what I did was a repair of my winxp pro not a reinstall a repair it wont change any installed programs but does fix some crap that happens for unknown reasons ( Ghost in the Machine) lol

thats all I can think off to help

good luck ;)

hmmm. It might be some sort of graphics problem. update ur drivers or change ur screen resolution to 800x600 and see if that does anything for u.

Do u guys play on the zone? if so what are ur handles?

Haven't played on the zone for a while but am up for any games going if I'm about.

I think I used the same name as here -> Ashboudj

Hi ,thanks for all your help,but it seems i will have to install win98se on my other harddrive,and just use ti ti play AOE2
Any suggestions still welcome.

AMD athlon2100xp
via chipset
asus a7v266
ddr 2100 768mb
geforce4 4200 128mb
s/blaster live 1024
plextor 40cdrw
belina monitor

i suggest try installing a fresh copy of xp on your 2nd hd and see if aoe2 works or not. If it does work then there is probably a software conflict on ur current hd. If it still doesnt work then I suspect it is a hardware issue most likely with your graphics drivers.

hey I play AoE 2 .... aka AOK:TC .... it rules .... I play it on the zone lots of times!

My handle if u guys wanna catch a game sometime is:

Mackenzie_oWn ...... I have been playing the game quite awhile now so its all good! Age of Mytholodgy where are u!!!

Originally posted by CooL_*_TanG
hey I play AoE 2 .... aka AOK:TC .... it rules .... I play it on the zone lots of times!

My handle if u guys wanna catch a game sometime is:

Mackenzie_oWn ...... I have been playing the game quite awhile now so its all good! Age of Mytholodgy where are u!!!

The release date for AOM is Oct 10th ; )

I go by DaRq_Kindred

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back