Age of Empires 1

Z

Zenman

I am running an Athlon 1400+ and run Age 1 with no problems.There may be a patch for Age,but I didn't need it.Try the compatibility mode(good luck,I think it's a joke half the time).Also,I saw an Athlon Patch on windows update.......

An Athlon patch? I didn't see one on WindowsUpdate...
As for the patch, you can get it here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/aoe/Patch/1.0c/W9X/EN-US/AOEPATCH.exe

I recommend that you install the patch anyway, because it adds the following:

Microsoft Age of Empires Update 1.0c is an upgrade of Age of Empires 1.0 that includes the 1.0a & 1.0b patches, along with several enhancements and gameplay fixes. These changes include:

Idle Villager Key - Pressing the period ( . ) key selects and centers the view on a villager or fishing boat that is not assigned a task. Pressing ( . ) cycles though all idle villagers and boats in the game. This is a keyboard-only command; there is no on-screen control for it.

Shang Food Cost - The cost of a Shang villager was reduced to 40 food. The amount of food the Shang player starts with was reduced by 40.

Phoenician Woodcutting Bonus - Phoenician villagers now work 15% faster. In previous versions of Age of Empires, they worked 54% percent faster.
For a complete description of all the patch improvements, please read the readme file.

Version Compatibility
If you are playing a multiplayer game, all players must be using the same version of Age of Empires.

If you are playing a saved game, it must be from the same version of Age of Empires you currently have installed.

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back