Age Of Conan

N

Not Bman

Are you going to buy it?

Side question, is there a hack to get the full unchanged version on a North American version of the game?

Yes I read that, that is saying that it will allow nipples and slight nudity, nor will it feature full gore, dismemberment, or anything else good about it.

And good, I will see you on there once I get it :)

I'll definitely be playing PvE. After suffering involuntary PvP in WoW for 60+ levels, I decided that's not for me.

I have never been a PvP person, i love the story lines and interaction with people, completing task and all that.

I'm guessing any "censoring" would be done by the server you connect to by possibly flag on your account on creation or your IP. So I'm not sure you could just "get the N. American version" sadly. :(

Well that's what I was thinking, but same deal with The Witcher, there was a patch for it that gave you all the extra stuff, though I believe it was Single Player only.

I have been playing AoC for a few days, there is nudity, blood, gore, decapitation... to be honest, if you want more out of the game you are probably a fairly sick person :lick:

On the plus side, running the game in DX10, max detail and it looks great. Runs really well too.

http://www.luna-fx.com/Felara_picture000.png

I have been playing AoC for a few days, there is nudity, blood, gore, decapitation... to be honest, if you want more out of the game you are probably a fairly sick person :lick:

On the plus side, running the game in DX10, max detail and it looks great. Runs really well too.

http://www.luna-fx.com/Felara_picture000.png

I want more out of a game? I said I want that out of a game, the version that comes in North America does not have all that, only slight nudity and gore, nothing else.

I want more out of a game? I said I want that out of a game, the version that comes in North America does not have all that, only slight nudity and gore, nothing else.

I'm confused, everything I listed above is in the NA Version. What are you looking for out of this game? There are fatalities... you can make people explode, chop peoples heads off, blood will fly over your screen. Women run around topless and bottomless too. I'm not sure you could make this game any more graphic than it already is.

Where did you read the NA version has all that? It does not.

I had this issue with The Witcher as well, I was forced to get the UK version imported because I wanted the full experience and not the kindergarden daycare Gee Golly BS that was the North American version. This was before the patch was released that unlocked the uncensored content in the NA version though.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it. I'm thinking about checking it out.... but I wont waste my money if its going to be censored. I do not support companies that censor their content.

I totally agree Aprox, just one statement, it's not the companies that censor their content, it's the countries that do, I believe at least.

Where did you read the NA version has all that? It does not.

I did not read it, I am playing the game. I'm not sure if we are on the same page here. I have DONE all of the above in the NA version. I speak only from experience.

Well, the term 'company' is highly generic and it was not directed specifically at the developers (that's what I'm assuming you thought I meant). I'm more just pointing the blame on whomever it concerns. If a developer, distributor or whomever feels the need to censor just to stay off the radar then I cant help but lose respect for them. I'm a big advocate for saying what you want, and designing stuff the way you want. Those that don't like it, can either not play/watch it... or go cry me a river. :rolleyes:

I did not read it, I am playing the game. I'm not sure if we are on the same page here. I have DONE all of the above in the NA version. I speak only from experience.

That is weird/good. Everything I have read says otherwise.

By the way, I bought my key from some online shop, which turned out to be perfectly legitimate. Registered my account.

I intend to join the Old Timers Guild (minimum age requirements, mature people, all that) and play on Thog.

If you got the key from there, where did you get the install files from?

Still not convinced by what I've seen of the game - don't like games where levelling takes no time, something about the graphics that I still just don't like, and a major decision point for me is the lack of addons - we'll see if I break my resolve in the end, but for now I don't intend on ever buying the game. Hope you guys enjoy it though :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back