After 9 days of being up

Z

ZipTriX

After 9 days of my computer running, it finally crashed. :(

Got this error: Process_Has_Locked_Pages

Stop: 0x00000076 (0x00000000, 0x857F1260, 0x00000001, 0x00000000)

Any ideas?

The article gives you a way to track down the insolent driver. The next time it happens it will identify it for you and you can go from there.

Would there be a log somewhere with error, so I can look at?

Yes. In event viewer. Right at the moment it's not configured to tell you about your current error code though. If you follow that article it will actually name the driver in the BSOD with this error code prefix: STOP: 0x000000CB.

Currently, there's no way to identify the driver until you follow this articles registry tweak.

If I understand the article correctly, I don't think you'll have to wait long for your BSOD. I think as soon as the stake tracing picks up it up - WHAM, then you can name the driver and look for the cure.

I am so lost on reading it.

What does this mean? 0x00000076 (0x Y ,0x Y ,0x Y ,0x Y ) <~~~~ are then first number, after the 0x, for each 8 digit code it gave me?

You really don't need to worry about this code now that it's been identified. The number in parenthesis are variables that will change from system to system.

The next code is what you need to be concerned with, when it names the dirty driver for you.

I'd go in and create the registry entry, export it and give it to you, but you need to go back in afterwards and turn it off. Welcome to NT man, lol.

Originally posted by Lonman
You really don't need to worry about this code now that it's been identified. The number in parenthesis are variables that will change from system to system.

The next code is what you need to be concerned with, when it names the dirty driver for you.

I'd go in and create the registry entry, export it and give it to you, but you need to go back in afterwards and turn it off. Welcome to NT man, lol.

good god i am so lost....lol

all i want is for my computer to run and not blue screen :(

Ok, the guide is outdated. the place they tell you to create this value doesn't exist in the spot they say it does. I'm pretty certain this is what you will end up with:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
"TrackLockedPages"=dword:00000001

For now you can take this file, doulble click on it and say "yes" to adding the value to the registry. But later, when the BSOD error gives you the driver name, you'll need to go back in with regedit and delete "TrackLockedPages" out of "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]" using regedit.

Here's the file that will add it for you (remember, you have to delete it later by yourself):

thank you....we shall see what program is causing the problem in 9 days. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back