Advisory: Stop buying creative audio products

Seeing as how I don't use Vista and am generally satisfied with my Audigy2 this really doesn't affect me. But it does make me question if I ever want to do business with Creative in the future. So what does everyone recommend as in this day and age? It's been so long since I've had anything but Creative that I don't even know where to being looking.

Look into the Asus Xonar D2

Yeah... Creative drivers and support have been going down hill for a few years.

Still breathes some life into the Audigy 2 ZS I have, after Daniel Ks driver / software improvement which I downloaded b4 it gets removed !.
Still falls well short of the effects available from the original software though.

Their Zen mobile player also has a basic configuration error in it.

Last edited:
Last Creative product I owned ..........

Sound Blaster 16.

Why you would go Vista baffles me, and everyone should have known going in that Vista was going to give them audio issues with the DRM/degraded audio crap MS was pulling with Vista. I couldn't read the link but it sounds like Creative was just taking advantage of the stage MS had made.

/me puts on flame suit :)

I don't have audio issues. My Blu-Ray plays just fine out my asus xonar d2.

Why you would go Vista baffles me, and everyone should have known going in that Vista was going to give them audio issues with the DRM/degraded audio crap MS was pulling with Vista. I couldn't read the link but it sounds like Creative was just taking advantage of the stage MS had made.

/me puts on flame suit :)

i neither have audio issues nor drm issues - i don't use or buy drm infected audio or video, so no issues for me :)

and xie if your going to try and turn this into a vista bashing thread read this http://www.computerworld.com/action...icleBasic&articleId=9074178&source=rss_news50 :p

i neither have audio issues nor drm issues - i don't use or buy drm infected audio or video, so no issues for me :)

and xie if your going to try and turn this into a vista bashing thread read this http://www.computerworld.com/action...icleBasic&articleId=9074178&source=rss_news50 :p
Not sure what one guy switching from ALL Mac to one Windows machine (didn't say what OS) has anything to do with this Windows audio thread. :) Oh and this came up as one of the first for a search of "Vista DRM" .. Why Vista's DRM Is Bad For You

it was after 12 so its no longer an April fools, and unless you have used vista, you shouldn't bash it based on what other people say or think about it, just because one audio company cant sort their product out - where as other companies have, does not mean it is vista at fault it clearly shows that it is creative at fault for not paying for the code they say they need to make things work on vista, or write drivers that work, they are a large company with many developers, and they couldn't make things work? yet one guy from Brazil in his spare time managed to do it? i think that should all tell you something.

And just because something was posted on the 1st of April does not make everything an April fools, macs aren't the end all and be all of the universe

it was after 12 so its no longer an April fools, and unless you have used vista, you shouldn't bash it based on what other people say or think about it, just because one audio company cant sort their product out - where as other companies have, does not mean it is vista at fault it clearly shows that it is creative at fault for not paying for the code they say they need to make things work on vista, or write drivers that work, they are a large company with many developers, and they couldn't make things work? yet one guy from Brazil in his spare time managed to do it? i think that should all tell you something.

And just because something was posted on the 1st of April does not make everything an April fools, macs aren't the end all and be all of the universe
/me hugs Carpo

Not talking about Mac platform here though. We are talking about a company that has problems making hardware work with an OS designed to make it that way. :) Oh and I have used Vista, thus I know I would never install it on anything I own. It's total rubbish and is the reason I believe MS is looking to rush "7" out so fast (that and if they make it modular they could charge per module and perhaps make more overall).

vista was a total re-write in most areas you cant expect it to be that great straight off, yes ms should have done more to it but meh, vista 7 will be what vista should have been everyone knows this, and i bet creative still wont get its finger or head out its ass and sort out drivers for it, but after all this kick up maybe they will, but with most on-board cards doing what people need it to do and MS supporting these cards with drivers and motherboard manufacturers having working drivers, why do people need seperate cards unless they are into music production or gaming?

Audio quality, HTPC is another large one.

Imagine putting together a decent HTPC to keep all your media and play new discs from, only to find that your sound card doesn't support DDL or DTS on Vista Ultimate despite being technically able to and having to pay a extra $10 to get it, and sometimes it doesn't work, or work right.

Yes Audigys are old sound cards, but they are shown to have Vista support, but to make money Creative wrote a ****ty set of drivers, and then you have to pay to get the same features that were available in XP for free.

I agree, I used the betas of Vista and they were OK, but until I upgrade I am sticking with XP. Half the big things in Vista were thrown by the side of the road to get the cart moving.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back