Advisory: Stop buying creative audio products

Well even if they are, the damage is done. They managed to create a bit of a riot on net as a result.

Interesting but as chastity says, the damage is done and that token effor won't help things. I can't actually believe that these cards don't do DTS on Vista - this is ridiculous!

If I had a 5.1 setup and put a DVD in to play, what sound output would I get?

I thought I was being smart and dumping Creative when I built my new Vista system and going Razer, but I've had nothing but trouble out of that card, at least their help and service is prompt and good

Wow. Creative already had to sell one of it's HQ's in Singapore because of failing profits in the Q3. I'm willing to bet that they're going to be selling alot more here very soon.
Either that or VP what's his face is going to find himself without a job on Monday morning.

I can't beleive it took you guys this long to smell the rot coming out of creative. The day I noticed the official post on their web site stating that they would not support VISTA drivers for pre Audigy series of cards I wrote them off as as a total waste.

There are millions of those cards out there and they want you to throw them away and dorp $100 bucks on a new one. Screw them. And now they don't even want to support the newer cards when it is just a software tweak developed free by someone else.

That is right up there with ATI selling X800XL cards for a few months advertised as crossfire, then discontinuing them after a few months without ever making the master cards to go with them. Then offering a $25 trade in value for the useless $300 card. No wonder they went belly up and are now bankrupting AMD.

On the other hand they probably don't care with the amount of consumer elctronics, PC specialty business is a small percentage.

Last edited:
it was probably rushed by people with pitch forks and torches

Seeing as how I don't use Vista and am generally satisfied with my Audigy2 this really doesn't affect me. But it does make me question if I ever want to do business with Creative in the future. So what does everyone recommend as in this day and age? It's been so long since I've had anything but Creative that I don't even know where to being looking.

Is the 5.1 problem with just Audigy cards or with X-Fi too?

under vista all cards are an issue, audigy2 are feature cippled from what i have been reading

They are, you have to use a wrapper to get functionality. Creative designed but unfortunately it doesn't enable all features. Plus the products they provided don't all have the huge list of features working as promised.

The other really amusing thing is you can PAY to get the upgraded drivers :)

$9.99 for stuff that won't completely work :D

To Whom it May Concern:

While it is not our place to condemn the decisions of Creative regarding this issue, our customers come first. That being said, it has come to our attention that many of our customers are not happy with the products Creative has released nor the support for those products. To wit, we have processed nearly 5,000 return orders within the past 48 hours. While it is not normally in our best interest to publically comment in a manufacturer's forum, the overwhelming concensus has left us little choice. As such, effective tommorow morning newegg.com will suspend sales of the sound cards in question, particularly those indicated as "Vista compatible", pending an investigation into the matter. Those of you whom recently ordered such a card will still recieve your product as indicated in any relevant conversations. While we regret this abrupt decision, it has been deemed neccessary to protect the interest of our consumers. We welcome contact from Creative as soon as is possible so that we may resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Newegg.com
http://www.newegg.com
E:/ support@newegg.com

HELPFUL LINKS:
Print Help And FAQs: http://www.newegg.com/Info/FAQHome.aspx
Our Contact Information: http://www.newegg.com/Info/ContactUs.aspx
Update Account: https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/MyAccount/AccountModify.asp
The account was registered with webmaster@newegg.com

http://forums.creative.com/creative...w=by_date_ascending&message.id=117948#M117948

Fake...yes, no?

Well the post on the creative forums has been deleted for whatever its worth

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back