Advisory: Stop buying creative audio products

Steevo

Spammer representing.
Political User
I don't/haven't since the whole ordeal of the gold sound cards and Windows 98 drivers. Buncha **** bastards if you ask me.

Besides I like to be able to pass FULL QUALITY DTS and Dolby through my digital outs. Verified.

C-media chip on my Turtle Beach. Maybe unsigned drivers but I have no issues.

Got an asus xonar d2 in my pc. I'm led to believe by various web reports and driver filenames/copyright details that it's a cmedia chip. Works perfectly with vista and my games :)

Game my old x-fi to a work colleague for free, didn't seem right charging for broken unsupported hardware :)

Lol...I ditched Creative years ago. Their forums are constant flamewars and their community people are continually at wit's end. I have no idea how they became so dominant in high end audio. There's too many alternatives now; they're toast if they don't shape up.

And now they're openly threatening to sue the one person who is making a difference for their users?

They need to offer him a job instead, because it seems the entire Creative community is demanding the head of Phil O'Shaughnessy on a platter.

zino

OSNN Junior Addict
wow..i rarely post, specially when is simply a comment, but i feel i must now.

I've been a creative user for many years, and probably 6 months ago bought what i believe is my last card...further more, i WILL call creative tomorrow and demand my money back, since ive been un able to use their product with vista 64 since i bought the card.

What a bunch of bastards there....ugh.:mad:

epk

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
yep, their support is, and always has been, awful and close to non existant

this doesnt surprise me a bit

ray_gillespie

Staff member
Political User
I don't understand that thread at all - I've got an X-Fi Xtreme Music card and I've been running Vista x64 for a while now without an issue. Which cards are having problems?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Staff member
Political User
i was reading about this last night they have definitely ****ed themselves here, mind you most boards now come with 8 chan HD Audio cards on board and they seem to do the job most people want, i had to remove my x-fi elite pro from vista as it was a pain in the ass, that and the drivers couldn't do ac3 or dts properly.

ray_gillespie

Staff member
Political User
Ah I see - some kind of DTS/Dolby problem? I don't use that so that's probably why I've never had a problem. I can't believe how infamous that thread has become in just a day - I wonder if Creative will turn this into a PR stunt, making a massive u-turn and hiring the guy? That would be a lot of publicity for very little cost and would definitely be the sensible thing to do. Wow.

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Staff member
Political User
i do too - in the pc - connected to the tv - htpc, mainly because you cant watch x264 through any player yet :) - plus it saves on space, no stero, no dvd/hd player :D

Steevo

Spammer representing.
Political User
Its like this.

A song in HD audio that exceeds the abilities of the sound card can't be streamed out to a receiver in full quality. So imagine paying for a supposed high quality card for a HTPC, or or a multi-media center but trying to watch a movie in low quality audio on a system that highlights everything.

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Someone posted that Forbes predicted a 36% hit on their stock Monday morning.

Watching a company as big as this come apart like this over one weekend because of a single post is wild.

Shame on you, Creative for that.

Heeter

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
Makes me glad i got an azunetech card. Though some money goes to creative azunetech makes the drivers *score* using DTS in vista 64 with a few ventrilio problems. This does confirm my last creative card purchase though. RIP creative...you are dead to me :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut