advice on sound setup

P

PHiSHnz

ok
running from past experience.. shop people help crap all ;)
so i think you guys are cool

/me lives in new zealand..
is only 16 so is not overly rich :p

sick of crap onboard and crap speakers and wants to spend mayeb NZ$200 on speakers/card
i found sum stuff and just wanted ur opions on it if u knew of the stuff?

OK

Soundcard:
Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1 Special Edition
PCI Sound Card

Speakers:
Creative Inspire 2.1 2400 Speaker System

i thought they looked cool enuf for me
maybe sum advice? maybe i should spend a little more..
i'll earn about $300 in the next couple of weeks..
so i dunno

thanks

PHiSHeh

would anyone else recommend a sonicfury turtle beach sound card? i hear they're much better than sb lives in winxp... but im not entirely sure if its true (also, is it cheaper? they're still like £50+ in uk)

the 2 cards that I favor in terms of price/performance are the audigy... and you can basically get anyone of the audigy's that you want...

couple of places online you can get an audigy gamer OEM for around 50 bucks or less...

the santa cruz turtle beach is the other card that I favor and installed in my brothers computer... he also got harmon kardon speakers... the l'il rich sod :( heh but yah that works fine...

I am using the 4.1 creative labs 4400 speakers and I am sure that you can buy a combo audigy/4400 creative products for around 90-100 us dollars... I don't know how much in nz dollars...

I believe the australian dollar is close to around 2.5 = 1 usd... so nz should be close in xchange terms...

BUT instead of buying speakers why not just connect house speakers to your sound card and save yourself that money... the 2.1 is not bad either I suppose...

IF you want to get the 5.1 sound card and 2.1 speakers... that too is well adequate enough... both sound good.. not top of the line mind... but then anyone without a klipsch and an audigy 2 is not top of the line heh... (IMO)

if you need sound quality/play games and want more effects... consider getting the setup I am recommending... in terms of price it is not bad... else you are fine with your selection too

OI!!!! stop devaluing the aussie dollar furthur!!!!

ummm... with NZ$200

i'd go get a SB Live! Value + 60W TDK Tremors.

thats about all u'd get for NZ$200....

no point getting the 5.1 if ur using 2.1 speakers

but the sb live value sucks :/

i should know... i wish i had spent a few extra quid and bought the turtlebeach sonicfury...

I like my 5.1 Value, nothing wrong with it at all, no XP problems either.

aye... 5.1 is newer than the original value. mbunny said to get the live value cuz he said getting a 5.1 would be useless with only using 2 speakers.

the 5.1 is alright tho... must be made better than the old 4.1

go visit www.philips.com and find out more about their soundcards....those are definitly way better in soundquality then the audigy's......don't know anything bout prizes....i'll go and see for you

ok
here's what i'm most likely to get now
as some of the stuff you have said is not on this website
http://www.pp.co.nz
which has cheap prices..

Logitech Z-340 Speaker System
$165.00
Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1 Special Edition PCI Sound Card $84.00

anyone know if there is something not too great about these? i think i've heard the spekers in a game place.. sounded pretty nice compared to my setup!

don't judge it just with games.

listen to some bassy music and some high trebled classical. That way you can test its extremes.

As i said previously... no point getting a 5.1 sound card when ur using 2.1 speakers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back