Advice on some stuff

Syrus

OSNN Addict
Right here it is guys.
Im goin to updatemy computer sometime around june/july time and was wondering what psu would i be lookin at and anything that u lot might be able to advise me on, i have an idea in my head of what its sorta guna be like so here we go.

AMD athlon xp 1900+/Abit KR7A-133/Globalwin heatsink bundle
60Gig Western Digital 72000rpm ATA/100 IDE
Corsair 256mb DDR ram 184pin
128Mb ATI Radeon 8500LE Dual Heat with DVI/TV Out (OEM) Gullimont Gamesuround soundcard
Coolmaster heatsink super heat pipe
CD-RW
DVD rom
19"monitor

So far the system look spretty good, I'd probably get 512mb of ram though, It's not that much more expensive and it'll apy off as 512mb of ram seems to be XP's sweet spot. (and hell games like everquest now want to require it lol)

A better motherboard, and thats coming from someone who has a EPOX mobo........lol, and a ATI redeon is better than a gf3, but not beter than a gf4, but i dont have enough dosh for a gf4 and yes i will need more Ram than 256mb, some is temperory for the time beening like the sound card, just need enough for an audigy.

well back to the original question, i'd agree with at least 350W. 400W if you plan to expand in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back