Advice and opions wanted

Z

ZipTriX

When I first built my pc, I just went with the "flow" of what parts to use, such as GeForce cards and Sound Blaster. I need advice and opinions on the listed parts.

Right now I have a GF 4 Ti4400, but have been reading a lot of positive remarks about the ATI 9700. I'm also planning to add a TV card, and I saw that ATI makes a Radeon with a TV card. Does anyone have some advice on this exact version that I found?

Pictures of ATI All-In-Wonder RADEON 9700 PRO

Specifications of ATI All-In-Wonder RADEON 9700 PRO

Product link

Currently I have SB Audigy Platinum, but am not really pleased with the sound production from it. I'm looking at the Guillemot Hercules Gaming Theater XP 7.1.

Pictures of Hercules Gaming Theater XP 7.1

Specifications of Hercules Gaming Theater XP 7.1

Product Link

Any information about the Aureon 7.1 Space?
Any other suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

Bah. Funny thing is if I made this post under hardware, someone would have responded. Odd how I place my post in the correct section and nothing. :rolleyes:

Sorry bud I can't help you.
When you say this
Does anyone have some advice on this exact version that I found?
It limits the people that will respond to your post

Whats wrong with the sound production from your audigy? Thats a top card.

Originally posted by jumpy
Sorry bud I can't help you.
When you say this It limits the people that will respond to your post

Whats wrong with the sound production from your audigy? Thats a top card.

I understand what you are saying, but it really helps when people talk about the specific items listed. I've read what people have said about the 9700 PRO, but I have seen nothing about the one that I am debating on purchasing. I'm trying to find what the cons are to it, since it has a built in TV card.

As far as my Audigy, it doesn't produce a superior sound quality for dvds and music for my home entertainment. Right now I have it going from sound card to receiver to speakers, so I am guessing that the receiver acts more as an amp for the speakers, while the sound card is the one producing the sound. If that makes sense. I'm also curious to know more about the TerraTec Aureon 7.1 Space. I've read the specs, but that's about all I can find on it. I have learned that they are sold in the UK, but yet to find a place in the US. :mad:

If you need more information on my home setup, just let me know what you need to know.

Thanks.

The audigy is a great card, and when you start getting bad sound from it, you have to wonder if it's your reciever or speakers that are no good, or perhaps some interference (cables etc). Haven't heard anything about the Aureon 7.1 Space.

The radeon looks like a nice card, couldn't say anything bad about it.

This is what Anandtech say about it

There is little question in our mind that the All-in-Wonder 9700 Pro is perhaps the most desirable consumer video card on the market today. There is nothing else out there that can compete with the functionality and performance that the All-in-Wonder 9700 Pro offers, making it every power computer user's dream. In our testing the All-in-Wonder 9700 Pro lived up to our expectations; it brought exciting new functionality to the TV side of things while maintaining the performance leading speed of the Radeon 9700 Pro.

Linkage -> http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1740

Thanks for the info about the Radeon. I'll have to check it out. :happy: As far as the Audigy it does what it needs to for providing sound, I'm just really picky when it comes to audio. I guess I should hold off til this spring, when I have a larger area for a speaker setup.

Originally posted by Ziptrx
Thanks for the info about the Radeon. I'll have to check it out. :happy: As far as the Audigy it does what it needs to for providing sound, I'm just really picky when it comes to audio. I guess I should hold off til this spring, when I have a larger area for a speaker setup.

:)

good to hear...

btw... do you want me to move this post into hardware? because it is upgrade related and therefore perhaps in the right section :)

seeing as you are getting hits yer fine... have to remember most of the board sleeps @ night-time US time...

Yes please. I would like more people to comment so I can read the argumentative, yet polite, opinions from others on this. Looking at investing some money, it would be nice to have an adequate amount of opinions, reviews and such before making the final decision. The more recommendations on sound and video cards, the better. If you need more information and specifications on anything, just let me know.

seeing as you are getting hits yer fine... have to remember most of the board sleeps @ night-time US time...
So what's your excuse for not responding? :p

for a sound card take a look at the M-Audio "Revolution" amazing for music.

the AIW ATi Radeon 9700 Pro is a amazing card! I have worked with a All in wonder 7500 and it was great, I fully recomend the All in wonders.

moved thread to hardware section :)

anyhoo... the AIW 9700pro is a very nice card.. picture in picture anyone :) I mean thats just brilliant :)

i have seen the card in action and it is a fabulous device... wish I had one but I don't mainly because it does not support a dual monitor setup like I have @ the moment...

per sound cards... whats the preference?

for all round performance the audigy2 and the turtle beach santa cruz are both pretty good...

both have very good output of audio for gaming/movies/music/whatever..

there are some other systems out there... your choice as to what to get...

my m8 just bought a logitech THX setup (speakers) and they really pound out some bass with the audigy compared to his former onboard 5.1 channel audio (which was not bad... but the difference is noticeable...)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back