Advert Doom!

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but can someone give more detail on what my clicking on the ads does for the site? I'll click on every ad 10 times a day if it helps, but I don't want to do that if it only helps to click each one once a day. How exactly does the advertising/revenue work?

More hits (views) means the site is more popular and therefore can obtain better paying sponsors, more clicks means that the advertising is working, therefore more people will be willing to pay to place an advert on our site.

Basically more views and clicks means a better chance of a decent paying sponsor, who gives more money per click.

SPeedY_B said:
Basically more views and clicks means a better chance of a decent paying sponsor, who gives more money per click.
And better paying could lead to less down the right perhaps?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'll sponsor through donation and not be forced to looked at advertisements.

By sponsoring through donation you know every single penny of donation is going towards the benefit of the author.

Moved to Fixed

Seeme to be a problem with KHTML rather than vB or the adverts, so nothing we can do from this end :)

chaos945 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'll sponsor through donation and not be forced to looked at advertisements.

By sponsoring through donation you know every single penny of donation is going towards the benefit of the author.

Sounds fair enough, but then on there is the flipside. I just don't feel comfortable accepting money from people, as daft as it sounds. It's not that I am being stubborn just so I can say I am the only one that pays anything for the site, I know the adverts will eventually re-emberse me.

The site has to be able to pay for itself and the advertising allows it to do that. Eventually/hopefully it will get to the stage where I won't have paid anything for the site, and I wouldn't want others to be out of pocket when we get to that stage.

All our software licences have now been purchased, well until around next may :)P) so the advertising only has to pay for those licences between now and then and cover the hosting every month.

Electronic Punk said:
Sounds fair enough, but then on there is the flipside. I just don't feel comfortable accepting money from people, as daft as it sounds. It's not that I am being stubborn just so I can say I am the only one that pays anything for the site, I know the adverts will eventually re-emberse me.

*Dangles 100 Dollar bill (US) in front of EP* :D

Here kitty kitty kitty. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back