Advanced proxy server?

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Question, currently I am running AnalogX's proxy server. works fine, but I want a proxy server with more controls. For instance, logging, and setting the custom port number. Also being mandotory for users to login would be very nice but i guess i could go with limiting access to the proxy by limiting the IP range. Free is better, but hey, if I have to pay, than let it be. Any programs out there that can do that?

I have a two-way satellite ISP and in order for me to run multiple machines I have to have a proxy machine (need to have a machine to run software for satellite modem) and I have tried about every home and small business proxy server available and the best that I have come up with is WinProxy or Wingate. Unfortunately Wingate does not work well with my satellite modem software so I am forced to use Winproxy. Both do NAT, port forwarding, antivirus, site filtering, ip permissions, logging and more.

I will try winproxy. i tried wingate before (on my phoneline network, don't laugh) and it was ok, but the part of having to load the client software was a pain. you don't have to do that with winproxy, do you?:eek:

I used to have Wingate but I never installed any client software...
OK, I did at first, but that never worked. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back